Friday, February 24, 2017

HIGH-END HAUL: Guerlain Rouge G De Guerlain - Exceptional Complete Lip Colour and KissKiss Shaping Cream Lip Color


Hello, Loves!


For the love of lipsticks!

If you've been a follower of this blog for quite some time, you'll know how much I love lipsticks and would try any kind of lipstick if I can. Although my budget only permits me to buy drugstore brands,  I still like to try high-end ones sometimes. And so my high-end haul feature for today is Guerlain.


Rouge G De Guerlain - Exceptional Complete Lip Colour



Lipstick is reinvented as an extraordinary jewel with Rouge G, a subtle balance of intense colour and the comforting pleasure of a creamy lip balm. Behind this magical creation is an astounding formula: the unique combination of ruby powder for spectacular radiance, hyaluronic acid spheres for perfectly smoothed lips and wild mango butter for lasting hydration. The result is exceptional colour, a long-lasting sheen and perfectly soothed, moisturised lips.

Rouge G De Guerlain is a moisturizing lipstick with a creamy formula that glides on smoothly on the lips. It has a light glossy finish. Because of the formula and the finish, this did not last very long on my lips as it transfers easily to anything that my lips touch. Although, it leaves a natural even tint on the lips once it has faded. The pigmentation is amazing too for a formula like this, One swipe is pretty opaque. I am on the fence about the scent, though. While it's not terrible, I find it a little too strong for my taste. The packaging is something I am obsessed with. It's housed in a heavy (heavy for a regular lipstick) magnetic tube. Once you pull out the tube from the cap, a mirror instantly pops up. With the packaging alone, I think it's worth the Php 2,500.00 price tag.  Here are the shades that I got:


78 Gladys


Gladys is medium-dark fuchsia-red with cool, pink undertones and pink pearly shimmer. The coverage is rich and full. It went on beautifully and smoothly on my lips. Because of the sheen, I felt like it made my lips look fuller, and moisturized while wearing it. 

62 Georgia


Georgia is a “rosy pink". It's more like a medium, yellow-toned pink with a slightly glossy finish. The formula is the same with Gladys. It's moisturizing and comfortable to wear with an opaque coverage. 


KissKiss Shaping Cream Lip Color is an iconic Guerlain lipstick enriched with plumping hyaluronic acid spheres to help your pout regain its fullness and softness. Added commiphora oil smoothes while mango butter hydrates and added notes of vanilla and violet linger with a delicate scent. The satin-finish colour comes packaged in a sleek sculptural tube case that's a work of art in its own right.

Guerlain Kiss Kiss Lipstick is an emollient and pigmented lipstick. I am impressed at how opaque and how smooth this glided on my lips. I love the packaging of this as well. It's luxurious and unique in my opinion. Lasting-power is also average which doesn't come as a surprise given its creamy formula. You will need to retouch within the day but that's alright because this leaves a nice even stain. The scent is somewhat a deal-breaker. It's a strong floral scent for me. So if you're sensitive to scents this is something you might want to consider. This retails for Php 1,749.00 at Sephora.ph. I know it's a bit pricey but it's something I would love to have in my bag when I attend formal events because it make me feel fancy and sophisticated. I will whip this out for special occasions only. 



321 Red Passion


Red Passion is a blue-based red that leaves a rosy tint on the lips once it fades. The only downside to a non-matte red is that it has a tendency to smear or smudge so it's not low-maintenance.


364 Pinky Groove


Pinky Groove is another rosy pink but this has gold micro flecks which in my opinion gives dimension to my lips and makes it look fuller. It's a beautiful shade for a, first date, wedding or a family gathering. 



Guerlain is available at Sephora.ph

 Facebook 

Instagram



Don't forget to follow me on:

FB: facebook.com/lipsticksandmoe
Instagram and Twitter: @lipsticksandmoe

No comments:

Post a Comment