Friday, February 6, 2015

Sassy Colors Moisturizing Lipstick


Hello, Friends!

It's been  while since I last posted a lipstick review here. I know I've been slacking on my posts so let me make it up to you with this review of Sassy Colors Moisturizing Lipstick in Cameo.



Sassy Colors Moisturizing Lipstick

Collect all these adorbs lippies with moisture-rich formula that leave your lips looking soft and oh-so-smooth!

And why you should choose these:

- Vibrant and Rich Color
- Glides smoothly and easily
- With Vitamins A, C and E
- Available in 12 Trendy Shades!

This new line of cosmetics which are also from the same makers of Sassy Nail Polish was a little difficult to find because it is only available in selected Watsons and SM Department stores. So far, I know these are available in SM Manila and Watsons SM North where I got this lipstick. Aside from lipsticks which retail for Php 149.00 only, Sassy Colors Cosmetics also has pressed powders, two-way cake foundation, blushes, and eye shadows which I have yet to try.


PACKAGING

Because I am a self-confessed lipstick addict, of course I have to try the lipstick first. For the price tag, I am impressed with the packaging. It comes in a basic white and silver  twist-up-and-down tube that feels quite sturdy to me.  The cap also clicks in place making it a little bit more secure in the bag compared to other lipsticks in its price range. The shade name and manufacturing date is indicated at the bottom which is always a plus for me.

SCENT

I love the scent! It's sweet and sugary yet subtle enough not to make me nauseous. 

SHADE & PIGMENTATION

Among the 12 shades, Cameo is the only one that "spoke" to me. The other shades simply weren't that interesting to me. With this shade, it's love at first swipe. Cameo is a nude pink that's a little on the lighter side to be an MLBB for my skin tone but I love it nonetheless. I love wearing it for fresh everyday look and I bet this will also look great paired with a pink/brown smokey eye. Compared to the other shades, Cameo also has better pigmentation in my opinion. Mauve is sheer and glossy for my taste although they are quite close in color. 

Swatched it next to my MAC Brave and it could be a dupe! Don't you think?
FORMULA & LONGEVITY

Cameo has a creamy, satin formula and has little shine. It glides on really well and feels very comfortable. It has silver micro glitters if you look at it closely but it's hardly noticeable on the lips. Thankfully, I don't feel any gritty flecks. Because of its formula and shade, this has a tendency to emphasize dry skin and lines so I had to make sure my lips are well-exfoliated and prepped before application. Lasting power is quite average. This can last up to 3 hours without heavy meals and frequent drinking. 

Cameo topped with Jazzy Lip Gloss in LG-001

Overall, I love almost everything about this lipstick. It could have done great without the glitters but that's just a minor concern for me. The price and that it is a possible dupe for MAC Brave make it really worth giving a shot . I probably won't go back for the other lipstick shades but I am definitely  going back to try their blushes and powders. 

You can also find me on:

FB: facebook.com/lipsticksandmoe
Instagram and Twitter: @lipsticksandmoe

4 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this brand before but their lipsticks look stunning. Gorgeous shade and packaging. I'm a new follower and look forward to reading more of your beauty posts <3

    http://www.abigailalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought one to try in mauve because I need a replacement of the EB matte lipstick in mauve I broke. Currently my favorite lipstick. I was surprise how good the quality and the feel of it for the price! It's more comfortable than my other imported lipsticks XD
    http://ladyarizel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your review. Love the lipstick so much. In fact i'm using mauve and I'm loving it. However, I wanna try other colors of Sassy Lipstick as well. Can i buy this online? I searched in Watson's and SM Malls here in Visayas but I couldn't find stocks. Can I buy this online? Please help me. Many Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if they can be bought online. Maybe you can visit their FB page to inquire. It's also not available in most SM Dept Stores and Watsons here.

      Delete