Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Bobbie Cosmetics Lipsticks

Hi, Loves!

Nothing excites me more than affordable, local make up. So when my sister told me a few months ago about Bobbie Cosmetics, I knew I just had to check it out. I've already posted a photo of one of the lipsticks in my IG account several weeks ago but haven't had the chance to do a proper review about it. Now, I've gotten a couple more shades and finally am ready to share with you what I think about these. Just read on to know more. 


Ingredients:

 Polydecene, Euphorbia cerifera. Ethylhexyl palmitate, Ozokerite wax, Cera Alba, PVP/ Hexadecene copolymer, Copernicia cerifera (Carnauba) wax, Flavor, Butyrospermum Parkii, Propyl paraben, Butylated hydroxytoluene, Tocopherol. May contain (+/-) Cl 77891, Cl 15850:1, Cl 77491, Cl 77499, Cl 45410:2, Mica, Cl 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Cl 75470 (Carmine)


Bobbie Cosmetics is a new make up line from the same makers of the Bobbie and Chic Nail Polish. At first, this was only available in selected Mini Stop branches but a few weeks ago, I already saw its display in Watsons, SM North The Block. The line has a variety of products like two-way cake, concealer, eyeshadows, blushes, eyeliners, cheek tints, and of course, lipsticks. 


The lipsticks come in 12 shades (if I'm not mistaken) in varying formulas. The newer shades have names while the older ones are labeled using numbers. Retail prices are very affordable. The Dual Powder costs Php 199.00 while each lipstick costs Php 85.00 only!

PACKAGING

These lipsticks have the cutest metallic pink packaging. For 85 Pesos, the plastic tube feels sturdier compared to other inexpensive local lipsticks. Unfortunately, the clear cap cracks easily when you close or click it back on. 


SCENT

LS-02 has a sweet, cotton candy-ish scent while LS-06 and Berry Sexy have a faint sweet scent.

Here's also what I think about the lippies in terms of SHADE, PIGMENTATION, CONSISTENCY & LONGEVITY.
Berry Sexy

BERRY SEXY is a creamy berry pink shade that suits my yellow-ish, not-so-morena skin tone. I think it's the perfect shade of pink for me because it isn't too bright and it doesn't make my teeth yellow. It glides on smoothly and feels very creamy on the lips. It is, in my opinion, a little bit bit sheer with just one swipe but a couple of layers more makes the color show. Since it has a creamy formula, it transfers easily on anything so the staying power of this shade is weak.
LS-06






LS-06 is a bright mate red that has a slight orange undertone. This my favorite among the three because application is smooth, and not patchy. Pigmentation is awesome too. I also love that it's non-drying despite the formula. There's slight transfer and lasting power is 3-4 hours without heavy eating. After I ate, the inner part of my lips faded so I had to reapply but other than that I am quite amazed with their matte formula. I wish they'd come out with more matte shades.









LS-02

LS-02's shade is a little bit confusing. On the tube it looks like a nude but once on the lips it changes into a deeper shade of pink. Kinda like an MLBB but leaning towards deep pink or cherry. It kinda reminds me of those magic lipsticks that adapt to your body's chemistry and changes color. I actually wished that this is a true nude because the formula is moisturizing, lightweight, and soft on the lips. I also love the sweet scent because it's not too strong or nauseating. This shade is great for those who like the no-makeup make up look.



Here they are swatched on my hand. 

Berry Sexy and LS-02 looks similar but Berry Sexy is lighter.
Shades are a little washed out because of the lighting.
They appear deeper in person.

Overall, these lippies do not disappoint me and at Php 85.00, I really can't complain. That's great quality with a very inexpensive tag price. There are also glossy and sheer formulas but I decided to skip those. I wish they'd come out with more shades especially matte ones. If you're looking for inexpensive lipsticks, I highly recommend you give these a try. It won't make a huge dent on your budget. The only qualm I have with these is that. it's a little hard to find because they're not widely available in malls or in all Mini Stop Branches. 

I hope this helps!

Thanks for dropping by!

DISCLAIMER: This review is not sponsored. Product reviewed are purchased with my own money and this review is based on my own experiences. Thus, these are my unbiased opinion about them. What works for me does not necessarily mean will work for you.  

You can also find me on:

FB: facebook.com/lipsticksandmoe
Instagram and Twitter: @lipsticksandmoe

4 comments:

  1. Ive seen the LS 02 before and its just like a magic lipstick nga. I bought the shade berry sexy and its matte counterpart hehe the sugar something. Berry sexy shade on my lips is kinda dark because of my pigmented lips hayyyy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The swatches looks good. I want to buy those. Thanks for reviewing. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. They have a company store along Shaw Blvd,across Rizal hospital (before Pineda). I saw Nude Beach listick with lipgloss in Watsons Greenhills but no stock. This color looks expensive and can rival the imported lipsticks.

    ReplyDelete