Friday, September 5, 2014

Nyx Matte Lipstick in Siren

Hello, my loves!

I have been on a dark lipstick phase this past week. I even posted a list of 10 inexpensive dark lipsticks  in the Philippines. You can read all about it here. Unfortunately this Nyx Matte Lipstick in Siren didn't make the list because it just arrived a few days ago. When my husband went to Cebu, I asked him to pick this shade up at Chedelyn's Cosmetics and fortunately it was available. I won't go into a full-blown review here anymore because there are already plenty of reviews about this particular line over the internet. Rather I just want to focus on this shade. 



Nyx matte lipsticks have been one of my  favorites because of the formulation and it's pigmentation. These lipsticks have never disappointed me when it comes to color-payoff because each will always give you super saturated coverage in one swipe. It is also very comfortable on the lips despite it being matte.

Shade selection isn't bad at all since there are so many colors to choose from. I also like the fact that it doesn't have a scent. Price is very affordable too, although this is a little more expensive (Php 300.00 or more) than what I usually buy (Php 200 or less). This is very much worth the price tag. 


Okay so now to the shade, Nyx Siren, to me, is like the lovechild of Wet n Wild's Cherry Bomb and Sugar Plum Fairy with the former's genes being more prominent. I can't really describe how it looks on me. It is very dark in person, almost black in fact. But when photographed, the red tones come out more and it appears lighter than it is in real-life. This is definitely not a shade for the faint-hearted because this will definitely get you a few stares or second glances. It's a beautiful bold and vampy shade that looks best when paired with a very subtle make up. I like it paired with a winged eyeliner.


If you're feeling vampy and adventurous, this is also a perfect color to try. Although this is not something I'd wear on a daily basis, I still love and will definitely wear it when I want a little bit mystery or power to my look. 

What are your thoughts about this shade?
Are you bold enough to try on a bold shade?

Thanks for dropping by!



You can also find me on:

FB: facebook.com/lipsticksandmoe
Instagram and Twitter: @lipsticksandmoe

1 comment:

  1. I've read a lot of raves on this particular shade because they say it's so beautiful and it suits a lot of skintones. I can see here that it does suit you, congrats on the great purchase :)

    ReplyDelete