Friday, August 22, 2014

Daiso Eye Brow Coat


Hi friends!

I hope you're all doing great today!

I am so excited to share with you a very interesting product I found at Daiso last weekend. Daiso has always been an exciting place for me because I know they have the cutest and most unique stuff there for only Php 88.00! Whenever I visit Daiso, I never forget to check out their cosmetics section and that's where I found this Ever Bilena Eye Brow Coat. Being eyebrow-obsessed, I just knew I had to try it. So here's what I think about this product.



OVERVIEW


This eye brow coat is supposed to be applied on top of your eyebrows once you've filled it in with your favorite eyebrow powder to make it last all day. It is basically a sealant for your brows and/or eyeliner. Each bottle comes with 6 ml of product which is not bad because I think this is going to last me for a few months. For Php 88.00, that's a good deal. I got this particularly at the Robinson's Place, Ermita branch.  I am not sure if this is available in other branches because I've not seen this in the branches near our place. 

PACKAGING & SCENT


This comes in a small frosted glass bottle that's similar to a nail polish bottle. It even comes with a brush/applicator that's the same with what is used to apply nail polish. I like that it's small because I can take it with me wherever I go. Thankfully, this doesn't smell like a nail polish. At first I thought it does but then I remembered that it smelled more like Pyralvex (a product used to treat mouth sores or singaw). I can only detect the scent in the bottle but once applied, the scent disappears. 


APPLICATION, PERFORMANCE, & LONGEVITY


Before I started using this on my brows and over my eyeliner, I did a skin test and luckily, I didn't experience any irritation, break out, or burning sensation.  I also did a smudge and water test on my hands using my regular liquid eyeliner. I rubbed the swatches vigorously during the smudge-test and the swatch with the eye brow coat (bottom) smudged just a tiny bit. Unfortunately, they didn't last during the water test.

smudge and water test on my hand
TOP SWATCH: No eye brow coat
BOTTOM SWATCH: With eye brow coat
After the tests, I applied two coats over each brow even though just one coat is suggested because I felt that one is not enough. I didn't have any difficulties with the application as the brush is pretty soft and easy to use. I like that it also dries fast and doesn't have a shiny/glossy finish. It didn't affect the color of my brows and eyeliner too. 


Unlike the test I did on my hand, I am impressed by its performance on my brows and eyeliner. I applied it at around 10 A.M. then went about my daily activities, did some errands, and went to my grandmother's wake. It was a hot and humid day so I did experience some sweating and oiliness on my face. I got home at 12:30 AM and I was very surprised that my brows didn't fade at all! Even the edges are still defined. My eyeliner especially the wing didn't smudge, crack or fade too. That's 14 hours of wear-time! I can't believe it myself but now I know why many have been raving about this.

I used my Etude House Cleansing Foam to wash my face with and I didn't have any difficulties removing the eyeliner. I like that I don't have to rub my eyes vigorously anymore. My brows washed off easily too.


TIPS: Just make sure  to wait for the eyeliner to dry before applying this on top. As for the brows, avoid touching or rubbing your brows until the coat has dried. 


Overall, I am happy crazy about this product! I think this will be a staple in my kit and I'll be getting a back up hoarding soon. This would definitely be a life-saver during hot humid days but I wouldn't suggest using it during rainy days  or when you'll be swimming since this doesn't make the eyeliner or the brows extremely water-proof. Also, excessive sweat might cause this (brows and eyeliner) to fade or wash off. 

I hope this helped!

Thank you for dropping by!

You can also find me on:

FB: facebook.com/lipsticksandmoe
Instagram and Twitter: @lipsticksandmoe

1 comment:

  1. This looks promising! :) I'm not sure if there are Daiso around my area. Haha!

    ReplyDelete