Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Hurraw! Lip Balms

Hi Guys!

It's been quite a while since my last post. I went on a short blogging hiatus to focus on a few personal things but now I'm back! It's great to take a break once in a while. Anyway, so I've got a lip balm review for you! 




I am a self-confessed lipstick addict. I'm sure you all know that by now. Honestly, I'm not a lip balm person. I only find it necessary when I'm going to use a matte lipstick. However, a few weeks ago, My Red Tag Collection, an online shop that sells organic beauty products like Hurraw! Lip Balms and Merry Hempsters Organic Balm and Salves, sent me some of their Hurraw! Lip Balms to try and review. I was thrilled since I have been hearing some buzz about this product and I have been curious about this for quite some time now. All-natural, organic and vegan products especially in make up seem to be a big thing nowadays.


Claim

Super smooth, not draggy, not sticky, not sweet, not too glossy, not too smelly, never grainy, long lasting; plus, it had to hold up to being in a back jeans pocket all day without melting!

OVERVIEW

Hurraw! Lip Balms are all-natural lip balms made from premium organic, vegan, and raw ingredients. It is a certified "vegan" product which means that no animal products like beeswax are included in their balms. They also do not contain soy, shea butter, petroleum, parabens, preservatives, artifical flavors or colors. 

These lip balms come in so many fun and unique flavors like coconut, cinnamon, chai spice, green tea, and earl grey tea flavors. I got the Sun Protection Balm with SPF 15, Mint Lip Balm ,and Black Cherry Tinted Lip Balm. These are not readily available in malls and supermarkets unfortunately but My Red Tag Collection is an online shop that sells it for (if I am not mistaken) Php 280.00 a piece. Each tube contains 4.3g of product.


PACKAGING

The packaging is different from the usual lip balms I've used. These come in oval plastic tubes.  They probably made their packaging this way so anyone can just literally take it anywhere since it fits the back pockets easily since the normal round tubes would protrude more. I think it's clever and cute.

SCENT

Black Cherry Tinted Lip Balm - These do smell like cherries. It reminds me of those cherry flavored bubble gums I used to love as a kid. I am also happy that the scent is subtle and does not smell like cough syrup. This gives off a very sheer red tint on the lips.


Mint Lip Balm - I don't detect any strong scent in this one but it does feel very cool, minty, and refreshing on the lips.


Sun Protection Balm with SPF 15 - This is probably my favorite of the three. It has a Tangerine Chamomile scent which is very subtle and I just love it. I also love that it has SPF 15 because it's summer and my lips need some protection from the sun too.


I love the subtle scents on all three lip balms because they don't make me feel nauseous. I am surprised that they do smell so good despite lacking artificial flavors and scents.

CONSISTENCY & LONGEVITY

These glide on so smoothly on my lips. It does not tug or drag on them. The formula is thin and lightweight. I love that it feels so natural on my lips but still gives it a little bit of shine. The best thing about these lip balms is that it DOES keep my lips soft and moisturized even after a few hours. Unlike some of the lip balms I've used in the past, these do not chap or flake my lips out. I have never been more impressed in a lip balm as I have been with these. On my lips, these lasted for about 2-3 hours but still kept it soft a few more hours after that.



Overall, I am impressed with Hurraw! Lip Balms. They are lightweight and comfortable and do not chap or flake my lips out after a couple of hours. That's why I don't reapply as often as I would using my usual lip balms which is a good thing because it's economical considering this is more pricey than regular drugstore lip balms. Php 280.00 is a little expensive for a lip balm but if you are very particular with ingredients and love organic products this is definitely worth every penny.  

If you are interested in Hurraw! Lip Balms you can get them from My Red Tag Collection.You can also follow them on Instagram @myredtagcollection


 I hope you found this post helpful.

Thanks for dropping by!
 
You can also find me on:

FB: facebook.com/momgonevainblog
Instagram and Twitter: @momgonevain
















No comments:

Post a Comment