I hope the heat has not been too unforgiving over where you are today.
It really is scorching hot these days and because of that it's a little uncomfortable to wear any kind of make up. However, in times that I need to wear make up I skip heavy foundations and eye make up and just focus on the lips. I thought I'd share with you some of my summertime lipstick picks.
1. Kokuryu Moist Lipstick in Chypre Rose is a beautiful peachy-pink shade that glides on smoothly. I just go natural on the eyes, swipe on a peach blush, and put this lipstick on for a fresh, sweet daytime look. You can find this SM Department Store for more or less Php 170.00.
2. Wet n Wild Megalast Lipstick in Cherry Picking is a bright cherry red that's perfect for summer. If you're a red lipstick lover, this is one way to add a little more punch to your usual red lippie. It's semi-matte formula is great for summer too because it's not too thick or heavy on the lips plus it's long-lasting. This is available in Landmark and some online stores.
3. Bella Dolce Matte Lipstick in Like Katy is a bright yellow-based pink which I absolutely adore. I normally don't like pinks esp. bright pinks but this in an exception to the rule. It's a vibrant shade that instantly livens up my face even with very little make up on. It also has a semi-matte finish. You can get these for Php 280.00 in selected malls. You can check out their Facebook page for more details https://www.facebook.com/FiamettaMarketing?fref=ts
4. Maybelline Colorsensational Vivids in Brazen Berry is a creamy fuchsia with purple tones mixed in. It has a semi-glossy finish that's comfortable to wear. During summer, I tend to stay away from glossy and thick lipsticks because it makes me feel extra uncomfortable.
5. Ever Bilena Shade Lipstick in Foxy Garnet is a muted red with orange and brown tones. If bold, bright lips are not your thing, this a subtle shade that I think will look great on tan skin. It is lightweight and comfortable so it's perfect to wear even on a hot day. This is Php 99.00 is Watsons.
6. Colour Collection Ultimate Wear Lipstick in Head Turner is a bright hot pink shade that definitely screams summer. I love that it glides on smoothly, is light weight, and leaves a stain on the lips that lasts almost the whole day. If the feeling of lipstick on your lips during a hot day makes you uncomfortable, this is great to use because you will not need to reapply as often.
7. Nyx Matte Lipstick in Strawberry Daiquiri is a highly pigmented semi-matte muted orange. I am not a big orange lipstick fan so this kind of orange is perfect for me. I love that it's not too bright and is very comfortable to wear.
These are just some of my summer 2014 lipstick suggestions. Again, you can wear any shade you like as long as it makes you feel comfortable and confident.
Thanks for dropping by!
You can also find me on:
Instagram and Twitter: @momgonevain