Sunday, April 13, 2014

FOTD: Radiant Orchid

Hi Friends!

I just want to share with you this look which I posted in my Instagram account last Friday. I have been wanting to create a radiant orchid full-face look for sometime now but I just couldn't get around to doing it. So last Friday, I thought "Well, why the hell not now?" Since I have someone to look after the kids, I thought I'd play around with make up a bit. Here's a closer look and how-to on how I came up with this radiant orchid FOTD.




 Face

  • Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser
  • San San Matte Finish Liquid Foundation in 03 (blended with the damp beauty sponge from San San)
  • Colour Collection Perfect Cover Cream Concealer in Natural
  • Wet n Wild Natural Blend Pressed Powder in Buff (to set the foundation and concealer)
  • Lol Matte Bronzer in Brown Sugar (for contour)


Eyes


  • Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk (used as base)
  • E.L.F. 100 pcs. Eye Shadow Palette
  • Essence Gel Eyeliner in Midnight in Paris
  • Nichido Defining Mascara

How-to
  • I primed my lid with Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk
  • I blended a deep pink eye shadow on the crease  as a transition color (#1)
  • Then, I applied a shimmery purple eye shadow all over the lid and blended it toward the crease (#2)
  • Next, I defined the eyes with a shimmery black e/s (#3) which didn't really appear super black (more like a deep purple)
  • Next, I highlighted the inner corner with a frosted light pink e/s with purple microshimmers. (#4)
  • I used Fashion 21 Mono e/s in No. 6 ( not in the picture) on my browbone
  • I lined my upper lash line with Essence Gel eyeliner,  applied a few coats of Nichido Defining Mascara and popped on some false eyelashes.
  • For BROWS, I used FS Eyebrow Pencil in Brown for outline and Jazzy Eyebrow Cake to fill it in



Cheeks

Allue Shimmering Blush in Slammin' Pink


Lips

Bella Dolce Matte Lipstick in Like Georgina. This is one of my current favorite lipsticks because I am in a purple/plum lipstick phase lately. I love the semi-matte, non-drying formula and the color payoff is amazing. These lipsticks do however have Paraben in the ingredients so if that is something you are concerned about then you might want to skip this one. I personally do not mind Paraben in my make up since they are there to prevent bacteria build up and there weren't any proof directly linking Parabens to breast cancer. But then again, it is all about preference.

Thanks for dropping by and have a great day!

You can also find me on:

FB: facebook.com/momgonevainblog
Instagram and Twitter: @momgonevain

2 comments: