Monday, March 10, 2014

Wet n Wild Natural Blend Pressed Powder


Hi! Everyone.

I hope you're all feeling great today!

On rare occasions, I post non-lipstick related posts in my blog. Hahaha! I've been posting so much about my lipstick obsession lately so here's a face product review to break the monotony a bit :) You must have seen this as one of my My Jehovah Jireh E-store haul few weeks ago. Read on to know what I think about the Wet n Wild Natural Blend Pressed Powder.


The Natural Blend Pressed Powder  by Wet n Wild is a paraben-free pressed powder made with natural ingredients and infused with vitamins and minerals to nourish skin. Enriched with light-diffusing pigments to help minimize imperfections and provide even-looking coverage.
OVERVIEW



I've seen this product before on Wet n Wild counters before but never paid much attention about it because I am more of a two-way-cake kind of girl and also because Php 499.00 is rather expensive for a pressed powder in my opinion. Wet n Wild products are way overpriced in malls. That's why sometimes it is better to check online make up stores to get great deals. This, for example, is sold in My Jehovah Jireh E-store for Php 165.00 ONLY! That's waaaayyyy more affordable that the mall price don't you think? 

PACKAGING


The packaging is made of cardboard. I'm not sure if it's recycled but it goes very well with the natural/organic theme of the product. The lightweight compact's lid has a small window showing the powder inside. A small mirror and a slim puff can also be found inside. 


The embossed trees on the product is the same as the design on the front which I think is pretty.

SCENT

There's a faint scent that I can't put my finger on but not something that's offensive or bothersome. 

SHADE & COVERAGE


There are only 7 shades available in this line so I only have very limited choices. I kinda had to guess which one matches my skin so I picked Buff which I think is closest to my skintone. This has a sheer to light coverage but does mattify my skin and set  my foundation pretty well. 


CONSISTENCY & LONGEVITY


This is a little too powdery for my liking but not cakey. I find that it is best to use a powder brush with this.  I just tap my brush to remove the excess powder because there can be quite a lot. I love that this feels lightweight and didn't break me out. The only downside is that this is not long lasting. I begin to see some shine on my t-zone after an hour or two. I retouched a few more times than I normally do with a two-way cake.



Left: foundation only ;            Right: foundation set with natural blend pressed powder




Even though I  prefer two-way cakes, I still like this product. It is great value for money (only if you buy it online). It does perform its job well. I recommend this if you like using pressed powders and are not fond of heavy products on your face. You just have to be careful in selecting the right shade for you when you buy it online. 

Avail of the 10% discount on your purchase from My Jehovah Jireh E-store. Exclusively for my followers only! :)


I hope you found this helpful.

Thanks for dropping by!


You can also find me on:

FB: facebook.com/momgonevainblog
Instagram and Twitter: @momgonevain

No comments:

Post a Comment