Saturday, March 15, 2014

Four Lipstick Shades Every Woman Should Have

Hi!

One of the things I learned from Bianca Valerio during Colour Collection's Hot Hues event which I attended last March 1 was that every woman has to have four (4) lipstick shades in her collection. According to her a woman should at least have a nude lipstick, pink lipstick, peach lipstick, a red lipstick in her kit.



NUDE lipstick:


A woman has to have at least one nude lipstick in her make up kit. I think this is the most versatile shade because it's great to use during the day and at night. During daytime when you just need to run a few errands, you can swipe on some blush and a nude lipstick for a fresh natural look. At night, a nude lipstick looks best paired with a smokey or colorful eye make up. 


Tip: Avoid nude lipsticks that are way to light for your skin tone. It will make you look sick or worse like a walking dead. Choose shades that are at least a shade  darker than your lips. Lean towards nude pinks or peachy nudes. I like Fashion 21 Pink Obsession lipstick in Dream Girl,  Fashion 21 Aqualicious lipstick in Arctic Stone, and  Colour Collection Bianca Valerio's Hot Kiss Lipstick in Kisses and Cream.

PEACH lipstick: 


Peach lipsticks give the face an instant glow. It's perfect for daytime and livens up the face. I like pairing my peach lipsticks with a peach blush for a nice sun-kissed youthful glow.  I use this in days when I like to sport the no-makeup make up look but still want to add some color on my lips. 


Tip: If you're fair, a true peach or a light peach will look great on you. If you're morena (like me), choose shades that are more orange-y peach to enhance that natural tan. I sometimes try peachy-pinks too for a more dainty look. You can try Pinkies Collection lipstick in LP-02 or Kokuryu Lipstick in Chypre Rose.

PINK lipstick:


Every woman should also have at least one pink lipstick in her kit. It doesn't have to be a hot pink or a Barbie/ Nicki Minaj kind of pink. A nice soft or rosy pink will do. When you feel like looking sweet, a pink lipstick will help you achieve that look. Pinks are great for first dates, Sunday brunch, or a friend's outdoor wedding. It can also make a woman look fresh and youthful.


Tip: Choose soft pink or rosy pink shades. They work well for many occasions and skin tones. A nice coral pink shade can also have a brightening effect on the face. Try to avoid shocking pink, hot pink shades if your are a lipstick newbie or are not too adventurous with lip colors. You can try Fashion 21 All-Day Matte lipstick in Sushi,  Nyx RLS in Minimalism, or Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstick in Warm me up.

RED lipstick


I have always believed that everyone can rock a red lipstick thus every woman should have one in her purse or in her vanity. It's all in choosing the right shade that matches your skin tone. A red lipstick can instantly make you look more polished. Just fix your hair, and swipe on your favorite red lipstick and you're good to go. Red lipstick is perfect too for romantic dates or when you just want to feel sexy. 


Tip: If you have a cool undertone, opt for red lipsticks with blue undertones. If you have a warm undertone, choose a red lipsticks with orange undertones. To prevent you red lipstick from bleeding out the lines, use a lip liner underneath. You can try Colour Collection Ultimate Wear lipstick in Temptress and Queen Bee, Nichido HD Lipstick in Glam Red, Ever Bilena Matte Lipstick in Love That Red and Storm.

In case you're a lipstick newbie and don't know where to start, these are just a few tips that might help you out. You don't need to have a hundred of lipsticks (I might have gone overboard with my lipsticks) especially of you're on a very tight budget and have other priorities.  I completely understand that. You just need this 4 shades in your kit and that's it. No matter how busy we moms are, there's absolutely no excuse for us to forget to take care and indulge ourselves. 

I hope you found this helpful.

Thanks for dropping by!

You can also find me on:

FB: facebook.com/momgonevainblog
Instagram and Twitter: @momgonevain

2 comments:

  1. Hello sis! I'm so glad that I found your blog :D
    Your posts are so informative for a MU newbie like me (thou i've been using them for a long time but still I considered myself as a newbie) :p Anyways, thanks for liking my post on IG (@krixia_), without it I won't find your blog. :D Love your posts! More powers, xoxo ♥

    ReplyDelete