Friday, March 21, 2014

Colour Collection X Bianca Valerio Limited Edition Blush & Contour Duo and Hot Kiss Lipstick


Hi y'all!

I hope you all had a great week. It's been very hot (literally) these past few days here in the Metro. :) Anyway, I wanted to share with you this limited edition make up by Bianca Valerio for Colour Collection which I got from the Hot Hues event. When I saw these in the press kit they gave us, I just couldn't wait to try it and share with you my thoughts on them. Finally, here's what I think about them.

OVERVIEW

Bianca Valerio's limited edition collection consists of  a blush and contour duo called Sexy Silk Blush & Contour Duo and 4 shades of lipsticks called Hot Kiss Lipsticks. If I am not mistaken, this is Bianca's 3rd lipstick collection under CC. The B&C Duo I got is called Sweetheart and the Hot Kiss lipstick shades are Runway Red and Kisses with Cream. The other 2 shades which I don't have are Tickle Me Pink and Peaches and Passion. I am not sure about the price (since I got these for free) but I think there's a special intro price of Php199.00 for the lipsticks.

A modern matte lipstick that provides full-bodied, velvety color in a highly-pigmented and non-drying formula.



PACKAGING

I am smitten with the white and hot pink color theme of the packaging. The metallic hot pink kiss mark won me over. The sleek and slim yet sturdy plastic tube makes it very travel-friendly. I also like that there's a how-to-use instruction on the box. The B&C Duo's packaging is very sleek and slim too. It doesn't come with a brush but it has a decent-sized mirror inside.

SCENT

The lipsticks have a sweet vanilla scent that's not overpowering. I didn't detect any scent on the blush and contour duo.

SHADE & PIGMENTATION

These Hot Kiss lipsticks really are highly-pigmented as what it claims to be. Runway Red is a fire engine red that's very wearable even for day time while Kisses with Cream is a beautiful warm nude that doesn't make me look sick. They do provide opaque color in one swipe. 


L: Runway Red; R: Kisses with Cream

Sexy Silk Blush & Contour Duo in Sweetheart consists of a peachy pink blush with gold micro shimmer and a matte bronzer/contour . The bronzer is a little too light for my skin tone so I use it as a blush too. The contour shade is very versatile as it can also be used as an eye shadow for a wash of khaki color or a day time crease. It's a little light when applied but I am happy with it because I am not a fan of intense blush on. But of course, it can be packed on / layered on if you wish. 

Two blendable blush-on shades to give your skin a natural, healthy glow.


CONSISTENCY & LONGEVITY

The lipsticks glide on very smoothly and even with the semi-matte formula are non-drying. Staying power is impressive too because it lasted for an average of 3 hours on me. There is, however, a need to reapply after eating.

The blush and contour is a little powdery but still glides on like silk. It is also very easy to blend and lasts quite a long time because I didn't need to retouch it after several hours. 

Here's how they look when worn:

Kisses with Cream on the lips and Sweetheart blush on the cheeks
Runway Red on the lips and Sweetheart blush on the cheeks


I love the formula and pigmentation of the lipsticks.The scent is lovely too (it reminds me of Mac). The only downside is that it's hard to find because it's only available through Tupperware Brands direct sellers. But with the quality of these products especially the Hot Kiss lipsticks,  I think it's worth the search. :) I wish this isn't a limited edition and that they have more shades. 

Thanks for dropping by!

You can also find me on:

FB: facebook.com/momgonevainblog
Instagram and Twitter: @momgonevain







1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I really hope they develop a better store platform than just direct sellers. Many of their makeup are really nice and quite affordable.

    ReplyDelete