Saturday, March 29, 2014

Bella Dolce Matte Lipstick

Hi! Everyone.

Hope you're all doing great today!

I just want to share with you my thoughts on this new Bella Dolce Matte Lipsticks from a brand called Fiametta. I love discovering new make up brands that I don't usually see in malls. I first chanced upon Fiametta's kiosk in Starmall Shaw Blvd. I found their Kiosk again in Fisher Mall along Quezon Ave. and got to try one of their matte lipsticks and loved it. Too bad I was in a "no-buy" phase so I wasn't able to get one. 



But it's as if the Lipstick gods (if there's any) were smiling down on me because a few weeks later I received a message from the company saying  that they'd like to send some of their new Bella Dolce Matte Lipsticks for review. (Yes. These were sent to me by the company but I assure you that whatever I say about these are my 100% honest opinion). Here it goes.

OVERVIEW

Fiametta (an Italian word which means strong little fiery one) is a company that offers fragrances, cosmetics, facial care, skin whitening, body care, baby care, and household products. According to the SA, all of their products are proudly Pinoy made. Bella Dolce is Fiametta's make up line that carries  various products from foundations to lipsticks. Their latest addition to the family is the Bella Dolce Matte Lipsticks which retail for Php 280.00 each. It's a collection of  10 celebrity-inspired shades hence the names. 


PACKAGING


The lipsticks come in a simple silver-plated tube with the name Bella Dolce printed on it. I particularly like its simplicity. I also like that the cap clicks into place. My only qualm is it easily gets scratched. Other than that, it's a simple, straightforward, and sturdy packaging.

SCENT


Its scent reminds me of cherry bubble gums. If you're sensitive to scents, it's not something to worry about because it's very subtle and fades eventually. 

SHADE & PIGMENTATION


I was asked to choose 5 shades from their line and I chose Like Georgina, Like Anne, Like Katy, Like Nikki, & Like Taylor. Here they are when swatched:
L to R: Like Georgina, Like Nikki, Like Taylor, Like Katy, Like Anne

Like Georgina - is a deep plum with no shimmer. It's a perfect shade for a subtle vampy look as it is deep but not too dark. This is actually my favorite shade in the collection. Pigmentation is awesome too. Glides on very opaque on the lips.


Like Nikki/Nicki - is a very bright blue-based pink. The name got me a little confused as the name on the bottom of the tube says Nikki but on the box says Nicki. I'm not sure who the inspiration really is. Was it Nikki Gil or Nicki Minaj? Although the shade looks a little darker than the usual Barbie pink Nicki Minaj is wearing. This is a very bold, opaque, and bright color that I need to take a lot of getting used to but I think it is perfect for summer.


Like Taylor - is a warm red-orange shade that's pretty to wear this summer because of its orange undertone which I think compliments my skin tone beautifully. This does remind me of Taylor Swift. The color is bright and glides on evenly on my lips too.


Like Katy - I really don't know how to describe this shade. All I know is that it is a bright pink! I am not too sure if it suits me but I love it. It's another shade that screams summer. This is very opaque too. It didn't settle into the fine lines of my lips like most light or bright lipsticks do on my lips.  I felt some dryness and saw a little flaking after a couple of hours.  


Like Anne - is an in-between red because it's not too bright or deep. This actually is a bit of a let down because I was expecting it to be opaque and as dark as it is on the tube. Unfortunately, this applies sheer unlike the others and settles on the fine lines. The color is not as deep thus I had to swipe on a few more layers to get it to appear darker. If you look closely, my lips is still peeking through despite several layers of this shade.


CONSISTENCY & LONGEVITY

They all amazingly glided so well on my lips because of their creamy texture and consistency. I think semi-matte is a perfect description of its finish because they are very comfortable and didn't dry my lips out. There's a very minimal flaking after several hours but that's it. All of the shades started to fade after 3 hours but left a light even pinkish stain. These transferred and faded when I ate but that's okay since there weren't any claims that it is long-wearing.



Overall, I would have given this a rating of 5 out of 5 but because of my disappointment with the shade Like Anne and that it's only available in selected locations, I gave it a 4. I am in love with the shades because they're bold and beautiful and their consistency is amazing. It's not super drying  and most of  the colors are saturated. If you happen to see a Fiametta kiosk, I suggest you check these lipsticks out because they really give you your money's worth (not that it's too expensive anyway). I will definitely be checking the other shades out. If I am going to be repurchasing any shade, it would be Like Georgina.

You can visit their kiosk branches at the following locations: 

Market Market, FisherMall QC, Lucky Gold Pasig, StarMall Alabang, StarMall Edsa Shaw,
 Pavilion Mall Binan, Alphaland Southgate

For more updates and info, you may follow them on:

Facebook

Twitter 

Instagram

Website

Thanks for dropping by!

You can also find me on:

FB: facebook.com/momgonevainblog
Instagram and Twitter: @momgonevain

2 comments:

  1. Like Katy is a Gorgeous color <3 Like Kim looks also good I think ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Like Katy is actually one of my summer faves. I haven't tried Like Kim Yet. Matakot kasi ako baka hindi bagay sa akin :)

      Delete