Friday, February 7, 2014

What's New at the Philippine Beauty Aisle: Nichido Mascaras

 Hi! Girl friends.

 I meant to make What's New at the Philippine Drugstore the title of this post (or maybe series) but I thought it might confuse some since we don't usually find different make up brands in our local drugstores unlike what they have in the US. Some might think I'm referring to Mercury Drug if I say "drugstore" so I just changed it to What's New at the Philippine Beauty Aisle. (Is it good or the first one's better? Please let me know.)



This series (hopefully I can make this into a series) aims to let you in on my latest Philippines drugstore make up or beauty finds. When I say "drugstore" brand I am referring to affordable make up brands we find in leading department stores or supermarkets - like Fashion 21, Nichido, Ever Bilena, San San, Shawill, FS Cosmetics, Maybelline, Covergirl ,and many more.

Anyway today, I thought I'd share with you my latest make up find from Nichido Cosmetics. I was browsing their counter when I saw these new tubes. To be honest, what really caught my eye was the packaging. They are super cute and kinda resembles Maybelline mascaras. I think this was first released in January.

According to the SA, the most sale-able among the four is the 7X Volume Curl Mascara. I am also impressed that the brushes are made of rubber and look really promising. Volume Lash Mascara and Long Lash False Lash Effect Mascara retails for Php 228.00 while 7X Volume Curl Mascara and HD Lash Curler Mascara goes for Php 288.00. Still affordable compared to Maybelline's. I just hope the quality and performance is just as good.


 I picked Volume Lash Mascara since I like volumizing mascaras than lengthening ones and I don't want to spend too much when I am just trying products out. This claims to be long-wearing, smudge-proof, and clump-free. This has a rubber brush and claims to dramatically thicken, lengthen, curl, and sculpt lashes with each stroke.

I have high hopes for this mascara. I hope this doesn't fail me. Crossing my fingers. Please stay tuned for my full review of this product.

Oh, Nichido also has new make up brushes. I just wasn't able to take a pic of it. They have a blending brush for Php 125.00 and a stippling brush! 

 Thanks for dropping by!


You can also find me on:

FB: facebook.com/momgonevainblog
Instagram and Twitter: @momgonevain

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing... tamang-tama I was planning to drop by one of these days since paubos na din ung mascara ko. And it's nice to know that Nichido is really stepping things up. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I got this in SM Cubao :) Oo nga eh. They're really stepping things up. :)

      Delete
  2. Hala. You are so good in make up talaga. And I like the fact that you buy the cheap ones too. Ako kasi these are the brands I usually buy, yung hindi nakakabutas bulsa. Kasi baka manghinayang si mister na ikiss ako kapag nalaman nyang nasa P800 pala ang lipstick na suot ko. So a hundred pesos sounds good to me. Besides, if you're wearing it, people hardly ever know the price tag anymore. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Hindi naman po masyado Mommy Camille! Oo I like these brands because they're cheap but also because they do have great quality products. Agree ako jan. People won't know if you're wearing a high-end one or not as long as it looks good. :)

      Delete
  3. Ooh, looks promising. Will drop by their store perhaps tomorrow and check what they have. Thanks for the info! <3

    Yettezkie's Doodles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Yes. They do look promising nga. The packaging is nice too. :) Hopefully maganda din ang performance nila :)

      Delete
  4. How’s the Volume Lash Mascara? Cute ng packaging nya, gusto ko din ito itry :)
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete