Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Wet n Wild Ultimate Match Liquid Foundation SPF 15


Hi! Guys.

I'd like to share with you my thoughts on this foundation which I recently got which is the Wet n Wild Ultimate Match Liquid Foundation SPF 15.

Claim

Glides on weightlessly for sheer-to-medium coverage that’s never heavy, chalky, or dull. Evens out flaws with a silky, semi-matte finish that let’s your skin’s natural luminescence shine through. Contains SPF 15 for the ultimate in anti-aging treatment.

OVERVIEW


I've seen this in Wet n Wild counters before but never got around to purchasing any. I guess I was a little skeptical about this foundation before. There are 6  available shades (Ivory, Porcelain, Nude, Beige, Bisque, Sand) but I've seen only 5 shades available here. Ivory is probably the lightest and Sand is the deepest shade they have. These retail for Php499.00 in malls but My Jehovah Jireh E-Store sells them for Php180.00. Each bottle contains 1 fl. oz of product. 



PACKAGING

This comes in a frosted glass bottle with a twist-to-open cap. The bottle is not too bulky nor heavy despite it being made of glass. I don't think this is travel-friendly because it doesn't come with a pump. The product is a little difficult to dispense because I have to shake it a bit to get some out. This could make me get more product I would normally need. Other than being pump-less, the packaging is pretty decent. 


SCENT

There's really no distinct smell. It does have a faint moisturizer-like scent that doesn't really bother me at all.

SHADE & COVERAGE

I chose the shade Sand because I thought it's the one closest to my skin tone. Thankfully, it is a perfect match when I swatched it. It does have a sheer-to-medium coverage. I love the fact that I don't look too white with it on. I love it when foundations match my neck. 


It was able to lightly cover up my minor blemishes, under eye circles, and even out my skin tone. I applied a couple of layers but some of my pimple marks are still peeking through. I don't really mind that because it doesn't claim to have full coverage anyway. I am quite pleased at the coverage. In my opinion this foundation has a dewy finish and not a semi-matte finish as what it claims to have.  My skin looked glowing after a few minutes of application - even when I set it with a powder. It does give my skin that natural luminescence.

CONSISTENCY & LONGEVITY

Now, this foundation is a little bit watery but not thin enough for it to slide too easily out the bottle. Blending this was very easy too. It didn't settle too fast giving me ample time to blend it out. This does feel lightweight and is not sticky at all.


Lasting power is so-so. This gave me about 2 hours before I saw some more shine in T-Zone. I just had to reapply powder to remove the shine. After about 3 - 4 hours the  foundation rubbed off around my nose and around my blemishes. A primer is definitely a must with this foundation to boost lasting power.

Here's how it looks on me.

with flash. no whitecast

in natural light
little miss is playing with mommy's make up at the back  :)


Overall, I am very happy with this foundation. It's very affordable (when you buy it online because mall price is very expensive), it matches my skin tone perfectly, gives me a natural glow, covers my blemishes lightly, evens out my skin, and it's lightweight. I do, however, need to prime my face to make it last longer. I think those with oily skin should reconsider using this because this would probably give you more shine. As for me, I like to use this  when I'm just going to for a short stroll around the mall or will be out for just a couple of hours. 

If you like to get affordable, authentic imported make up and reliable service , check out and follow My Jehovah Jireh E-Store

Oh, and the very generous owner is going to give all of you, my dear followers, a 10% Discount on your purchase from their store. Just make sure you follow me on IG and Facebook to avail of the discount. :) 

Thanks for dropping by!


You can also find me on:

FB: facebook.com/momgonevainblog
Instagram and Twitter: @momgonevain

No comments:

Post a Comment