Friday, February 28, 2014

Quick Make Up Routine for Busy Moms



Hi! Friends.

Being a mom sometimes mean you have to juggle so many things at once. I've seen moms who are constantly in demand that they have no time to even put a little make up on. Some are just clueless about how to apply make up. I've had friends tell me that they don't know what to do or what to use to look at least presentable when they go out. I think it is very important to give yourself at least 10 minutes to prepare whenever you need to go out even if it's just running errands or paying the bills. 

So I thought I'd share with you my very quick make up routine when I have just 10 minutes to prepare. 




You will need a few make up items as shown in the picture above. All of those items can be found in leading departments stores and are very affordable. 

1. BB CREAM

- Whenever I am in a hurry, I use BB Cream (I like using Careline BB Cream - Php120.00) to even out my skin tone and cover a few blemishes here and there. I like using this because I can skip using a foundation brush and just apply it with my fingers (just make sure they're clean) This will take me about a minute to apply. A little goes along way with BB Creams so be careful not to put too much at once. If your skin is oily, you might want to skip this one and head on to concealer instead. 

2. CONCEALER

- A concealer is my best friend when I've had only a few hours of sleep and want to look more awake. A concealer that's a shade lighter than your skin tone can brighten up you eyes in an instant. If you have very dark under eye circles, pick a shade that matches your skin tone perfectly. A lighter shade won't do much to cover the dark circles.  Ever Bilena Concealer Stick (Php 150.00) is very easy to apply and blend.


3. POWDER

- I always set my make up with a pressed powder to reduce shine and make it last longer. When I'm using a BB Cream which does not provide much coverage, I use my San San Two Way  Cake (Php 150.00++) for added coverage. Although, any powder will do as  long as it matches you skin tone. FS Two Way Cake (Php 399.00)  is also a good product to use. If Two-Way Cake is too much for you, a pressed powder will do like this Wet n Wild Natural Pressed Powder (Php 165.00 at https://www.facebook.com/pages/My-Jehovah-Jireh-E-Store)


4. EYEBROWS

- I can't leave the house without drawing my eyebrows. I use an eyebrow pencil to outline my brows and an eyebrow cake to fill them in. I have a tutorial here if you're interested. If you already have thick brows, a brow gel is enough. 

5. EYESHADOW

- A matte brown eye shadow is great to use for a quick, minimal make up. You can use a brush or your finger to apply it all over your lids. Just make sure to blend out the edges for a more natural look. I like using San San Single Eye Shadow in Warm Copper Fire(Php 50.00). 


6. MASCARA

- You can skip applying eye shadow but applying mascara is a must. Curl you lashes first then apply a few coats of your favorite mascara for that instant wide-awake look. It opens up your eyes and gives life to your face. I use Nichido Volume Lash Mascara (Php 228.00)


7. BLUSH

- A blush gives your cheeks and your face some color. I like using a peach/coral blush because it suits my slightly morena skin. It makes my face look more alive and healthy. Try using a matte blush if shimerry ones are too much for your. Try Fashion 21 Single Blush in M01 (Php 140.00) or Allue Blush in Dessert Rose (Php 85.00)


8. LIPSTICK

- Lipsticks can instantly give you that "oomph" even if you have very little make up on. I personally like using a bold red lipstick (my default look) if I don't have much time because it can turn any "blah" look into a polished "I've-got-it-together" look. Think Anne Curtis. Sometimes when she's running late for It's Show Time, I'd see her without any make up on except for her signature bold red lips. If bold reds are too much for you, try a muted red lipsticks like Ever Bilena Shade Lipstick in Foxy Garnet (Php 99.00) . I also like using a nude or neutral shade for a more natural look sometimes. 

Sometimes if I am really, really pressed for time, I just draw my brows, apply mascara, dust two-way cake all over my face and then just put some red lipstick on and that's it.

And here's my quick make up looks.



I know being a mom is tough but that doesn't mean we can't reward ourselves with a few minutes each day. Juggling many things out once is tiring and stressful but the whole world doesn't have to see that. 

I hope you find this helpful.

Thanks for dropping by!

You can also find me on:

FB: facebook.com/momgonevainblog
Instagram and Twitter: @momgonevain

10 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog sis! Later talaga I'll buy myself a new lipstick! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go sis! Reward yourself that gorgeous shade! :)

      Delete
  2. Great tips! It's very similar to what I do, although if I'm reeeeaaally in a hurry I skip the concealer, blush, and mascara. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, just never leave the house without a lipstick on :)

      Delete
  3. I love how you used inexpensive makeup products for this post. :) I tend to stay away from expensive brands because I never get to finish a tube of lipstick or even a face powder compact before it expires. BB cream is my go-to product also for quick fixes. That plus lipstick and I'm good to go already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm practical when in comes to buying make up. I tend to stay away from expensive ones too because I know I can always find a more affordable alternative for it. :)

      Delete
  4. I always put lipstick and blush-on before leaving the house. This tips you are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's a simple yet great way to add some color to your face and liven it up. :)

      Delete
  5. You make it sound simple! :) Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very simple lang naman :) You can skip some of the steps if you're really pressed for time. hehe! You're welcome! :)

      Delete