Saturday, February 22, 2014

Pinkies Collection Lipstick

Hi! Friends.

I've been meaning to write my thoughts on this a few weeks ago but I just don't know why I kept on forgetting. It was just sitting in my drafts folder waiting to see the light of day. Hehe! Well finally, here it is!


OVERVIEW

I've checked out Pinkies Collections' lipsticks before but I have not gotten around to buying any form their line. Until one day, I was browsing their counter when this shade caught my eye as if I was seeing it for the first time. I am sure I've seen it before because I've lurked around the beauty aisle so many times. Anyway, to cut a long story short, I got this shade LP-02 for Php 149.95. Pinkies Collection has 10-12 lipsticks in their collection most have a creamy and some have shimmer. These are available at Watsons and SM Department Stores.



PACKAGING

It looks like a MAC lipstick. Don't you think? Only this one is made of a matte black lightweight plastic. Despite the material this feels kind of sturdy. Just don't drop it because it could break apart. I like that the cap snaps in place when I close it. I also like that when I twist the tube it is not loose. I hate it when lipstick tubes twist very loosely because there's a tendency for it to twist up accidentally inside my kit and the lipstick would hit the cap thus ruining or breaking it.

SCENT

This does not have a scent or taste.

PIGMENTATION

I got LP-02 which is a peachy-pink shade. An  everyday kind of shade that can make you look fresh, dainty, and sweet. It's definitely not nude on me but it's on the borderline. I did not get a full color in one swipe. It was actually a bit sheer but definitely buildable if you want it to appear more opaque.

CONSISTENCY&LONGEVITY

This glides on smoothly and has a creamy, satiny consistency. The SA said that it has a matte finish but I think satin would be more exact. When I first applied this on, I thought it has a glossy finish but it sets into a satin finish after a few minutes. I love that it's comfortable on my lips and did not dry or chap it out. Wear time was about 2-3 hours without eating or drinking. This will definitely transfer so reapplication is need after a few hours.

swatch in natural light


swatch with flash
Here's how it looks on my lips




Overall, I think this is a good lipstick especially with its price tag. I love how it feels on my lips and that it didn't chap it. I am just not too crazy about the opacity or color pay off. I like full color in one swipe. I had to swipe on a few layers for me to see the color from the tube. I think this will be a great transition lipstick if you're crossing over from the lip gloss/ lip balm world over to the lipstick world. :) 

Thanks for dropping by!

You can also find me on:

FB: facebook.com/momgonevainblog
Instagram and Twitter: @momgonevain







2 comments: