Wednesday, February 19, 2014

My Affordable Make Up Storage and Brush Holder

Hi! Everyone!

I've been active in IG lately and been browsing through a lot of make up related posts. One of the posts I like looking at is make up storage. Beauty gurus and make up enthusiasts in the US have these clear, acrylic drawers and glass brush holders that look so pretty on their vanities. I was lemming over it for a long time so I searched local online stores who sell something similar. I was able to find some that sell acrylic drawers and brush holders but they were very expensive for me. The acryloc drawers go for Php 3K ++ and acrylic brush holder with beads retail for Php 500! Geez, I can already buy milk and diapers with that amount. So the cheapskate in me decided to search for something far more affordable and can still hold all my make up. 


That brought me to Daiso (Japan Home). I thought I would be able to find drawers and make-shift brush holders there for only Php 88.00. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find plastic drawers that fit the measurements I had in mind but I was able to find this tall jar with a clear lid. The jar is 8 1/2 inches in height and 4 inches in diameter.


I immediately washed the jar when I got home and tried to see if my brushes would fit and they did! I am one happy camper! After finding the brush holder, I now focused on finding the drawers. I went to SM Department Store and went straight  to the Plasticware section to look for plastic drawers. Luckily, I found these! Original price was Php 350 but were on sale for Php 275.00! They were brand new too! 


This measures 13 inches in width, 8 1/2 inches in length, and 10 inches in height. The height of each drawer is 1 1/2 inches. It fits perfectly on my vanity! I am very happy with this purchase indeed!

The first drawer holds all my face and eyebrow make up while the second drawer holds my eye shadows, blushes, mascaras, and eyeliners. The bottom drawer is for all my lipsticks and lip glosses. I have a lot of lip products so they need one drawer only for them. Hehe!

I am very happy with these purchases indeed! I still think the acrylic drawers are pretty but these would be enough. It may not be as pretty to look at but it does the  job at a great fraction of the cost! Don't you just love great bargains?


I hope you find this helpful!

Thanks for dropping by!


You can also find me on:

FB: facebook.com/momgonevainblog
Instagram and Twitter: @momgonevain

6 comments:

  1. Wow, talk about lippies! You really have a lot! I'm a big fan of lipsticks but I still do not have that much :). Anyways, I hope I can find time to organize mine too. As of the moment, my brushes are still placed on small glass jars (empty jars of cookie butter spread ha,ha!) and my make-up is practically everywhere inside my drawers ;(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah! I do have a lot. Hahaha! Nahiya naman ako. Sel-confessed lipstick addict right here! Hope you find time soon. Organizing my make up- is very therapeutic for me :)

      Delete
  2. lipstick holder na madami sana sis bagay sau heheh :D since ang dami mo talagang lippes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha! Meron ako acrylic na lipstick holder dito kaso parang 10 or 12 lang ata ang kasya. Hindi ko na ginamit kasi hindi nmn kasya lahat. hahaha! :P

      Delete
  3. Wow! I've been meaning to buy myself makeup and brushes holders/storage. Good buy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was lucky enough to find this. It's perfect and it has a lid to keep dusts away. :)

      Delete