Tuesday, February 4, 2014

E.L.F. Studio Matte Lip Color in Praline

Hello! Everyone.

Surprise! Surprise! Another lipstick post! Hahaha! I love lipsticks. Can you tell? Yes? No?
I don't think this love affair with lipsticks is going to end any time soon. 
So here's another lipstick post for y'all, this time about the E.L.F. Matte Lip Color in Praline.

This convenient jumbo sized lip pencil creates exact color application with twist up ease so you never have to sharpen. The pigment rich color glides on effortlessly and easily to provide long lasting matte color. The enriched Vitamin A, C & E formula moisturizes and hydrates lips for beautiful healthy looking lips.

OVERVIEW


The E.L.F. Studio Matte Lip Colors have been around for a while now especially in the U.S. but it was only until late last year that his was made available in the Philippines. There are 6 shades but I've only seen 4  (Tea Rose, Praline, Coral, Rich Red) available here. I am not sure about the other two because I have not seen them yet. These are available at E.L.F. counters in leading department stores and online shops. Mall price is Php 249.00 while it's Php 200.00 or less in some online shops. 

PACKAGING

It comes in a slim matte black retracting (twisting) tube so there's really no need to sharpen. However, if you don't like a blunt tip, the bottom part indicating the shade pops right off and there's a tiny sharpener attached to it. The slim form makes it very travel-friendly because you can just throw this in any purse and it won't take up too much space.


SCENT

I didn't notice any scent but there's a faint sweet taste when I lick my lips. 

SHADE & PIGMENTATION


The shade I have is Praline which on the tube and on the swatch appears pinky-brown. However on my lips  in person, it looks more brown. It kinda looks like I have a "smoker's lip". It looks dark and dull. Maybe because of my lips' natural pigmentation or its reaction to body chemistry. I don't know. It's disappointing because I love how it looks on the swatch and in my picture. I guess the flash and the sunlight washes it out so it appeared lighter in my photos. 


CONSISTENCY & LONGEVITY

The tip made the application a bit more precise. This did not tug on my lips which is great considering that it's a matte formula and finish. On my lips, it doesn't feel uncomfortable or thick however, it feels a tiny bit drying but didn't make my lips flake or chap. Staying power is average (2 to 3 hours) and it does transfer when I eat and drink. 





Formula- and finish-wise I like this product a lot. It's not long lasting as it claims to be but that's not a problem with me since I love applying and re-applying lipsticks. My only problem is the shade. It's dark and boring on me. This shade belongs in the 90's when brown and bronze lipsticks were a hit. I might give the other shades a chance, though.

What are your thoughts about this lippy? What's your favorite shade?

Thanks for dropping by!

You can also find me on:

FB: facebook.com/momgonevainblog
Instagram and Twitter: @momgonevain

3 comments:

  1. I just read your blog a few days ago and I'm not sure sure if you made some changes in the design or it's just me?! Anyways, just learned something again from you today :) I had this lip pen for months now, I think 4 months or more. Though the one I bought from a friend selling "Elves" (I call it elves, since I always purchase a couple of Elf products from her which is not readily available locally) has a different shade, the color is natural - think it's not available here in the Philippines yet. It's great to read your article since I learned from you that the lippy has a sharpener. I checked it out and yes there is nga ha,ha,ha! Though I really haven't use the product yet (tried it only once though), I think you are right the color of the lip pen is not true to the swatch and the color packaging. When I wear it, it's kinda pale on me (though I think the shade will match a very striking eye make-up), but when I took a picture of myself wearing the lippy, it looks a little bit brighter on me.

    Thanks again for this very informative write-u! More power!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I changed my design a few days ago. hehehe! Got bored with the old one. Yes. The color is appears different on the tube and on the lips. Thanks! I'm happy you learned something new. hehehe! Thank you so much for reading my blog. :)

      Delete
  2. The shade actually looks good on you. :)

    ReplyDelete