Tuesday, January 28, 2014

San San HD (High Definition) Lipstick

Hi Friends!

How are you today? I hope you're all doing great. I am simply loving and hating the cold weather at the same time. How about you?

Anyhoooo, San San recently launched their latest collection consisting of HD (High Definition) cosmetics. This collection features an HD Foundation, HD Two-Way Foundation, HD Concealer ,and HD lipsticks. I already did a review of the HD Foundation which you can find here.  Hopefully, I can post my review on the concealer soon. But for now, I am going to share with you my thoughts on their HD Lipsticks.


OVERVIEW

San San cosmetics can be found at HBC outlets nationwide and in selected malls. I found a stall in Landmark, Trinoma so if you're interested in these that's where you can find them. These lipsticks are sold for Php 109.00 only. Pretty affordable for a tube of lipstick, IMO. There are only 3 shades available namely: Really Red, Pink Pout, and Nude Brown. San San also has matte lipsticks of the same shade name but the colors are different. I got Nude Brown while my sister chose Really Red. 

PACKAGING

At first I was impressed by its purple metallic design however over time, I found that it scratches off and leaves the tube looking kinda dirty. Well, that's just me. I think a matte purple would've been prettier. Anyway, the tube in itself feels sturdy and it doesn't feel like plastic. The tube isn't loose either so I don't worry about the lipstick twisting up and breaking off while inside my kit. I also like that the label at the bottom is the same color as the lipstick. 


SCENT


These lipsticks still have San San's signature coconut scent but not as overwhelming as the Matte Finish Foundation. However, if you are sensitive to that kind of scent, you might want to skip this one.

PIGMENTATION


Really Red is a very wearable kind of red despite it's title. If you're kinda dipping your toes into red lipsticks this shade is perfect for you because it's not too bright or too deep. This does not apply very opaque for my taste but is certainly build-able. 


Nude Brown has no hint of brown in my opinion. It actually appears peachy-pink on me but still considerably nude on me. This shade is pretty for a natural no-make-up look or with a bold eye make up. I just had to swipe on a few layers to achieve the opacity that I like. 

Both Really Red and Nude Brown have a satin finish. They have a a bit of a sheen but no shimmer or glitter.


CONSISTENCY & LONGEVITY


I am kinda in between when it comes to the consistency and texture of these. It does not tug on my lips but it does not glide on smoothly either. Once it's on, it feels slightly heavy since the formula is somewhat thick - which can be plus because feels like a lip balm thus making it non-drying. Staying power is average meaning retouch is needed after eating. 


Here they are when worn on the lips:

Really Red

Nude Brown

Overall, these are good lipsticks with a very affordable price tag. My only reservation is that I don't find them exceptional - meaning I can't really see how these are considered to be HD lipsticks except for the extra thickness in the formula. I also wish they came out with more shades to choose from. Of the three (I tried Pink Pout at the store), I loved Nude Brown the most. 

Have you tried any of San San's HD make up or lipsticks? What do you think of them?

I hope you found this helpful. 

Thanks for dropping by!

You can also find me on:

FB: facebook.com/momgonevainblog
Instagram and Twitter: @momgonevain

16 comments:

  1. nice pati lipstick meron ka na din sis! thanks for the review it looks like other brand din noh? try ko later sana makapunta ng mall check ko ung fashion 21 hehehe.. but this one looks so great and affordable too :) Ganda talaga sau kahit anung shade :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome sis! Go! Check mo sis! Sana may magustuhan kang shade dun kasi super mura na nun. Hehe! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. After a few weeks of reading your blog about the HD foundation, I really looked for HBC nearest me to try it out for myself. There I found out the HD lines of San San (thanks to you!). What I loved the most is the lipstick also, in Nude Brown. Love the color, love the price. Though I also discovered their other regular lippies at an affordable price. Hope to read more product reviews from you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yey! Finally nahanap mo na din sya! I'm glad you liked it. Madami din talaga maganda at affordable products ang HBC/San San. :)

      Delete
  3. After a few weeks of reading your blog about the HD foundation, I really looked for HBC nearest me to try it out for myself. There I found out the HD lines of San San (thanks to you!). What I loved the most is the lipstick also, in Nude Brown. Love the color, love the price. Though I also discovered their other regular lippies at an affordable price. Hope to read more product reviews from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Really Red shade on your lips! And the price is almost too good to be true, a must try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) It's great for everyday and yes very affordable and good quality. I hope San San comes out with more products this year. :)

      Delete
  5. I was surprised that the other lipstick is called Nude Brown because before you mentioned the shades you got, I thought they were the Pink Pout. But not bad for an affordable lipstick, especially if you're in a tight budget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pink Pout is more like a fuchsia/hot pink. Nagulat din ako na Nude Brown ang name ng shade na yan kasi hindi naman sya brown pero nude sya sken. Hehehe!

      Delete
  6. im gonna get this! =) thanks to your blog! you made me addicted top lippies na hihi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like ko rin Nude Brown. Same result here, peachy pink nude. Lakas makafresh. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like ko rin Nude Brown. Same result here, peachy pink nude. Lakas makafresh. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Saan po kaya may availble na nude brown?.palagi kasing out of stock

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! naku hindi ko sure kung saang branches available yung Nude Brown. Ang malapit sa amin yung HBC Alimall pero hindi ko sigurado kung meron sila.

      Delete
  10. Tagal ko na po kasi naghahanap ng ganun wala pa din available..pakiupdate na lang po sana ako if ever may alam kayo kung saan may nude brown na hd lipstick..thanks po

    ReplyDelete