Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Bench Wonder Woman Nourishing Lip Shine

Hi Friends!

This post is looooong overdue. Finally got to blog about this product. This is the Bench Wonder Woman Nourishing Lip Shine


OVERVIEW

I first saw this last December at the Bench store in Trinoma. I immediately thought of MAC's Wonder Woman Limited Edition Collection. Bench's Wonder Woman collection consists of a pressed powder, lipstick and lip gloss. Both the lipstick and lip gloss has 5 shades ranging from nude to red. I think the glosses are supposed to match the lipsticks. I am not sure with the pressed powder, though. I was not able to check how many shades there are. It was the Christmas Rush so we were quite in a hurry. The Lip Shine retails for Php 168.00 while the Pressed powder retails for Php 198.00. The lipstick's price is somewhere in between. 

PACKAGING

Although this is not an entirely unique design, I still find it super cute. The tube itself is sturdy enough and the size is decent. The box is extra cure as well with Wonder Woman drawn on it. If I remember it right, the manufacturing date and expiration date are written on the box as well. This gloss comes with a doe-foot applicator. 


SCENT

I LOVE its Bubblegum scent! 


PIGMENTATION


I got the shade Zap! which is a beautiful  deep berry. This is the shade that appealed to me the most. I already have a nude, a pink, purple ,and a red gloss so I thought this would be a nice addition to my collection since I still do not have a shade like this. The color pay off is great too. It gives my lips a good amount of color in just one swipe. It can definitely be worn alone or on top of any lipstick.
Top: with flash ; Bottom: natural Light
CONSISTENCY & LONGEVITY

I love how this lightweight this feels on my lips. It's not too goopy or too watery either. It has just the right consistency and shine that I like in a lip gloss. Lasting power is OK. Probably 2 to 3 hours. I don't really expect lip glosses to last long given its formula. So I don't mind reapplying this after eating or drinking.

 Here's a picture of me wearing the gloss on its own.





I have nothing but good words for this gloss. I think Bench is stepping up their game when it comes to their cosmetic line. I love everything about it. I hope they come out with more shades or designs in the future. With a price point like this (below Php 200) who can  really complain right? I don't read or see a lot of reviews about Bench's cosmetic line. I think they deserve a little more spotlight. :) I highly recommend this product.  Give it a try!

Thanks for dropping by!

You can also find me on:

FB: facebook.com/momgonevainblog
Instagram and Twitter: @momgonevain

8 comments:

  1. wow sana meron nito sa lahat ng bench outlets

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice color! Quite opaque for a lip gloss. Looks good on you. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It 's actually surprising to find very opaque local lip glosses.

      Delete
  3. looks so gorgeous on you, dear!

    btw, i love your layout and how you do reviews! <3

    ReplyDelete