Friday, December 13, 2013

Fashion 21 Aqualicious Lipstick in Arctic Stone

Hi Guys!

Happy Holidays! I hope you're feeling great and healthy this season.

I've been slacking on blogging lately - my apologies. Anyway, I'm back with another lipstick post. Surprise. Surprise. Hahaha! Y'all know how much lipsticks make me giddy. I've been on a nude lipstick phase for several months now. I still love my bright, and vampy lipsticks. It's just that I've been gravitating towards nudes lately. So here's my latest discovery - Fashion 21 Aqualicious lipstick in Arctic Stone. 






OVERVIEW

This is not a new product. In fact, this collection has been around for a couple or more years now. My first lipstick from the Aqualicious line was the shade Little Mermaid but the color didn't suit me very well so I gave it away. While I was looking for a nude lippy fix, I came across this shade at the Fashion 21 counter in SM North for Php 175.00, and I just fell in love with it. There are 15 gorgeous opaque shades under this collection ranging from nudes to reds.


PACKAGING

The tube is made up of light aqua blue plastic that feels very sturdy when twisted up and down. The cap clicks right in place. I have always liked Fashion 21's lipstick packaging over EB's. 


SCENT

Another thing I love about Fashion 21 lippies is that they do not have scents. They don't smell waxy either. 

COLOR & PIGMENTATION

Arctic Stone is a type of nude that doesn't wash me out. It's probably the perfect nude for me. I am not very good at color description so I'll just let the swatch and the picture tell you what I am talking about. The color payoff is amazing. One swipe will give you amazing color. I was expecting it to be a little sheer since it's very moisturizing but it wasn't sheer at all. This shade is something that I can definitely wear on its own.




CONSISTENCY & LONGEVITY

The Aqualicious collection claims to be moisturizing lipsticks and they are very creamy when applied to the lips however, since they are very moisturizing and creamy, the lipstick tends to settle in the fine lines. I have to use my finger to even out the application. 

This is not long-wearing. I had to reapply after eating and drinking even with a straw. Nonetheless, this feels good on the lips and didn't dry it out so I don't mind reapplying from time to time.




Overall, I am happy with this purchase. It's affordable and works great on me. This is something I can use on a daily basis or pair with a smokey eye for a special occasion. I just didn't like that it settles on the fine lines on my lips - something that is tolerable. I am kinda bummed that I didn't discover this a lot sooner. Honestly, I've seen this before tons of times I just  didn't pay much attention because I thought the shade's going to wash me out. I am glad I gave it a try. Better late than never, right?

If you want to be updated on the lastest Fashion 21 products, do follow them on their Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/F21Cosmetics

Thanks for dropping by!



You can also find me on:

FB: facebook.com/momgonevainblog
Instagram and Twitter: @momgonevain

No comments:

Post a Comment