Wednesday, November 13, 2013

M&Co. Silk Cream Liquid Foundation

Hi Sweethearts!

I've been wanting to do a review on this but I have been a little busy and uninspired lately.  Thankfully, I feel a lot better now so I finally got around to writing my thoughts on M&Co. Silk Cream Liquid Foundation.


Silk Cream Liquid Foundation

Silky soft cream based foundation with natural milk elements blended  with the finest powder for smooth,  crystal transparent effect. It has milk component benefits that moisturizes skin, improves complexion and smoothness.


OVERVIEW

After my M&Co. lipstick obsession, I thought I'd check out M&Co.'s other products as well. Since I am also on a hunt for affordable yet great quality local foundations, I picked this foundation up to give it a try. I got this for Php 230.00 (I am not sure of the exact price but it's definitely not more than Php 300) and that is for 30ml worth of product. M&Co. is available in selected SM Department stores and through Direct Selling.


PACKAGING

Of all the local foundations I've tried, this has the best packaging in my opinion. It comes in a black box with the brand's name printed inside. One thing I also liked is the carton that secures the bottle inside the box to prevent breakage. The frosted glass is chic too and the best part is that it comes with a pump. Plus points too for the manufacturing and  expiration dates indicated on the box.



SCENT

It has no weird or nauseating smell. :)

SHADE & COVERAGE

I got the shade Cool Beige which is closest to my skin tone. I wasn't able to take note of all the shades available. However, They have 3 shades available the time I bought mine. Coverage is light to medium but buildable. It was able to even out my skin tone and cover minor imperfections but still letting my skin peek through. I am actually quite impressed at the coverage as you can see in the pictures below. However, if you want more coverage, I suggest using a concealer and set it with a powder.  


CONSISTENCY & LONGEVITY

This foundation is lightweight which makes it good for everyday wear. I had no difficulty blending this on my skin and I experienced no caking, streaking nor flaking at the end of the day. It's very moisturizing so don't expect it to have a matte finish. A few minutes after setting, my face looked dewy but not oily at all. Two hours after applying this on, I noticed some shine on my T-zone which I controlled by patting on some powder. This lasted 4 hours on me before I noticed fading around my nose and my blemishes. A primer underneath and setting it with powder might be able to increase staying power. 

a closer look
full face


I think this foundation, for its price, is quite promising. I was uncomfortable with the shine at first since I am not used to dewy-finish foundations but I realized that it makes my make up look more natural. I had no break outs even after several applications so that's one good thing for me.  I haven't tried this though with flash photography so I don't know if it has a whitecast. 

P.S.
This review, like all of my reviews in this blog, is based on my experience. What might work for me may not work for you and vice versa. :)

Hope you find this helpful.

Thanks for dropping by!

You can also find me on:

FB: facebook.com/momgonevainblog
Instagram and Twitter: @momgonevain

1 comment:

  1. I do like that it's affordable but I'm iffy about the shades. I saw them at SM once and I think all of them look too light and/or too pink/beige for me :(

    FMWL

    ReplyDelete