Monday, November 11, 2013

Food Truck Food Trip

Hi Everyone!

Since I watched The Great Food Truck Race on Food Network, I have been obsessing over food trucks. Kaya kilig at excited to the bones ako nung malaman kong may Food Trucks na sa Pinas and they all gathered in one place! My curiosity even heightened when I watched an episode of KrisTV where they featured the different Food Trucks. 



The Food Truck Park located in Capitol Commons, Pasig City is quite far from where we live kaya kailangan talaga namin sya sadyain. I told my husband that this is where I want to go on my birthday. He said why wait for my birthday when we can go there a day earlier to celebrate. Ay! Super excited ako! Parang dream come true! Hahahah!

Photo from Food Truck Ph Facebook Page
We arrived at around 7:30 PM and the trucks were already parked. Diners occupy the several tables available while some were seated on the grass. We also spotted a few joggers around. Capitol Commons seemed to be a very relaxed and family-friendly, not to mention pet-friendly, environment. It's a great place for families, friends, and even couples to dine and hang out. 


We checked out all the trucks first to see what each can offer. My husband and I agreed to try Shawarma Bros. I got a Burrito while hubby got the Beef Shawarma Rice Plate. My husband's meal is quite good however mine was a little bit disappointing. I opted for the burrito without rice by the way. The beef was tender and tasty but I didn't really like the pita bread because it's too thick for my taste and mejo matigas sya at mahirap nguyain.


I also wanted to try the Philly Cheesesteak but I was already full. I will definitely try this when we come back. 


My friend Jovy tried Truck Bun's Kani Mango Sandwich - a crabmeat and shrimp salad with Julienned mango, cucumber, and shredded nori finished with Japanese mayo and lettuce in a light wasabi bun.


They also got Grilled Gambas and Paella Wrap - grilled marinated shrimps with classic paella & aioli sauce.


It was a very refreshing  experience trying out these restaurant on wheels. I really had so much fun dining al fresco with my loved ones. It was a great birthday salubong. Thank you, Sweetie for making my dream come true. Hahaha!


Thank you Jovy and Mikko for being with us and for the cake! 

My gorgeous friend Jovy :)
Here's Capitol Commons Food Truck Park's schedule for the whole month of November. Follow them on facebook for more info and schedules.


Capitol Commons is a 10-hectare integrated mixed-use development rising in the former site of Rizal Provincial Capitol. Capitol Commons was conceived to provide a premiere urban destination in Pasig City, Metro Manila.

Capitol Commons is poised to set the benchmark for modern urban development in the region. It will feature posh retail areas, state-of-the-art office spaces, modern living units and a full range of world-class amenities such as a hotel, conference venues and restaurants. 

For more info, please visit their website http://capitolcommons.weebly.com/


Thanks for dropping by!

You can also find me on:

FB: facebook.com/momgonevainblog
Instagram and Twitter: @momgonevain

No comments:

Post a Comment