Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Easy Turbo Macaroni Recipe

Hi Guys!

I visited my best friend one day, and she made baked macaroni for me. She lives in a condo with very limited space so instead of baking the macaroni in an oven she used her Turbo Broiler instead. I never tried cooking baked macaroni before because the oven intimidates me, BIG TIME. So when I saw that I can make my favorite dish in a Turbo Broiler, I thought it's about time I learn how to make this myself. 


Since yesterday was my mom's 60th birthday, I thought I'd whip something special. We already had  a Jollibee celebration last Sunday but  I still wanted to cook because yesterday was her real birth date.


Clara Ole was very generous enough to send me some of their products to try and I was so happy that my favorite Three-Cheese Pasta Sauce was included in the bag. Cooking is a breeze with this pasta sauce since I don't have to season it to balance the taste. The blend is just right. Thanks Clara Ole! Baked Mac is probably one of the pasta dishes I can eat all day so I decided that it's what I am going to cook. :)


Here's my recipe:

Ingredients
  • 500g Elbow macaroni

Meat Sauce:
  • 1kg Clara Ole Three-Cheese Pasta Sauce
  • 2 tbsp cooking or olive oil
  • 1/2 kilo ground pork (or beef)
  • 3 regular-sized, chopped
  • 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 cup mushroom
  • 2 tbsp dried basil (or Italian seasoning)
  •  salt and pepper to taste

Cream sauce
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 500ml All-purpose cream
  • Quickmelt cheese

Cooking Procedure

Meat Sauce

1. Boil 4 cups water, add salt and oil. Once it boils add the elbow macaroni and cook until Al Dente. Don't overcook macaroni . Drain and set aside.
2. Prepare the meat sauce by heating the pan and pour in cooking oil. 
3. When the oil is hot enough, add onions and cook until it's a little transparent.
4. Next, add ground pork and cook until medium brown. 
5. Add the bell pepper and mushroom. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes more or until vegetables are soft.
6. Pour in Clara Ole Three-Cheese Pasta Sauce. Stir continuously until it boils. Add basil, salt and pepper to taste. 
7. Simmer for 3 minutes and then toss in cooked macaroni. Pour in oven-safe dish and set aside.

White Sauce

1. Heat sauce pan and melt butter. 
2. Once butter is melted, pour in all-purpose cream. Stir until it thickens.
3. Once cooked, pour and spread over macaroni. Grate quick-melt cheese on top and pop in Turbo Broiler for 10 minutes at 250 C or until cheese is melted and golden brown.
4. Serve and enjoy!

Voila!!!


You can also try other pasta dishes using Three-Cheese Pasta Sauce



If you have Clara Ole recipes to share or simply want more info on their products, please follow them on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/myclaraole?fref=ts . You can also hashtag #claraole :)


Hope this helps!

Thanks for dropping by!

You can also find me on:

FB: facebook.com/momgonevainblog
Instagram and Twitter: @momgonevain



1 comment: