Monday, October 7, 2013

The Roaring 20's for Halloween

Hi Y'all!

I was so bored one night (the husband is out with friends) so I thought I'd play around with different Halloween looks I'd like to try. First on the list is this 1920's inspired look.



 Women of the 20's were known for their very thin black eyebrows, gray (green and turquoise were also in fashion) smokey eyes , and deep red lips with an emphasis on the cupid's bow to create an illusion of small, fuller lips.  

Here are some of my inspirations for this look:





Here's my take on the 20's make up:


Products used:

Everbilena Studio Finish Stick Foundation in Creme
SanSan Two Way Foundation in No. 3
E.L.F. 100 Pieces Eyeshadow
SanSan Gel Eyeliner in Black 
Essence Gel Eyeliner in Midnight in Paris 
Wet n Wild Eye Pencil in White
Nichido Eye Defining Mascara
Careline Blush in Rosy Cheek
L.A. Colors Lip Liner Pencil in Smooth Plum
Wet n Wild Megalast lipcolor in Cherry Bomb


1. I used EB stick foundation in Creme all over my face, adding a little bit more on the brows to conceal it. I then set it with my San San two-way foundation.

2. I then drew black, thin, downward-sloping eyebrows using my SanSan Black Gel Eyeliner (because it kinda dried up a little, I thought it's perfect for drawing my brows). 

3. Using a gray and light gray eyeshadow from the E.L.F. 100 pieces eyeshadow palette, I created a gray smokey eye. To highlight my brow bone, I used a matte white eyeshadow from the same palette.

4. I lined my upper lash line using the Essence gel eyeliner and added false eyelashes. I also used a white eyeliner along the waterline.

5. Next, to add some blush on the cheeks I used Careline powder blush in Rosy Cheek.

6. I lined my lips, emphasizing my Cupid's Bow a little bit more. Then, I applied my deep red lipstick using a lip brush. 


...and Voila!

Pwede na ba? I'll try a few more looks next time. 

If you still can't decide on what or who to be on Halloween, the 1920's flapper look  is very easy and fun to recreate. 

Thanks for dropping by!
You can also find me on:

FB: facebook.com/momgonevainblog
Instagram and Twitter: @momgonevain

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Products used please! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maica! Oo nga pla I forgot. Hehe! I updated it na sis! :)

      Delete
  2. Ang gondooo!! I love the lipstick !!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donnarence! :) Love ka din daw nya. :) hehe! super dark sya in person.

      Delete