Wednesday, October 16, 2013

E.L.F. 100 pieces Eyeshadow Palette

Hello friends!

My husband and I were at the mall one time and I was planning on buying an eye shadow palette from lol Cosmetics. I already got the palette and was heading to the cashier when I passed by the E.L.F. counter and saw their 100-Piece Eye Shadow Palette. I checked it out and said "Ang damiiii... Kung may ganito akong palette hindi na siguro ako bibili ulit ng eye shadow." I didn't know my husband heard me and  he said "Oh eh di bilihin mo na yan." I thought he wasn't serious at first but it turned out that he was. I guess the thought of me "not buying" again is a great idea for him and his pocket. Hahah! Anyway, with konting pakipot kunwari, I decided to get it. Hahah! I am one happy wife! And so here's what I think about it.


OVERVIEW


I have seen this palette in E.L.F counters but never really thought of buying it until my super sweet husband decided to buy it for me. You basically get a hundred different colors in one palette. The shadows also come if different finish which means you get matte, satin, pearl, metallic, and shimmery shadows at a very affordable price. I got this for Php 899.00 at SM Department Store so that basically is Php 8.99 per pan!  

PACKAGING



This comes in a plastic case with a clear see-through cover. It also has a decent sized mirror inside with a couple of sponge tip applicators.

SCENT

Thank God these do not have any scent at all.



PIGMENT

Now here's what I think is a little hit and miss. Some of the shadows are impressively pigmented while others just fail in the color payoff department. I find that the shimmery and satin show up better than the matte ones which are a little bit more powdery and sheer. One thing I also noticed is that when I tried to layer one color on top of another, the second layer does not blend well with the first. The second layer hardly sticks and shows up. 



CONSISTENCY & LONGEVITY

Some of the shadows (mostly matte) are a little bit more difficult to pat on the lids without a primer. They do not show up to well unless I put on a few more layers so a primer is definitely a must. I have no problems with the shimmery shadows because they give off more color and appear more vibrant even without a primer. If you want this to last the whole day, I suggest to don't skip using a base or primer. I use Nyx Jumbo pencil in Milk as base and it works great. 



swatches of the bottom row (without primer)
The 3rd from the left and the 3rd from the right are two of my faves


Overall, I am very much happy with this palette. This is something that's great to have in your arsenal since it has so many different colors and finishes you can choose from. It's a bit pricey but if you really think about it you are already getting 100 eye shadows for that price so it's not bad at all. The quality is more than satisfactory too. It didn't crease on me even at the end of the day.

I hope you found this post helpful.

Thanks for dropping by! 

You can also find me on:

FB: facebook.com/momgonevainblog
Instagram and Twitter: @momgonevain

4 comments:

  1. Nice write up. Saddened by the fact that the matte eyeshadows don't show up well since I prefer my eyeshadow matte over satin/shimmer/everything else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, me too. But not all matte are really like that. I used Nyx Jumbo Pencil in Milk as base and it worked great. Baka nasa magandang primer lang. Most of the shades are pretty good.

      Delete