Friday, October 4, 2013

DIY: Turn Sleek Pout Paint into a Lipstick/Lip Balm

Hi there, Love Bugs!

I thought I'd share with you a little D.I.Y. today. I got this idea from Koren of EnKore Make Up. In his video, he mixed his OCC Lip Tar with a lip balm to create a  highly tinted lip balm. I thought it's a very practical idea for my Sleek Pout Paint since I find it tedious to apply any lip product using a brush. I always liked applying lipsticks/ lip balms straight from the tube.



What I used:

- candle
- an  old sandok. (You can also use a spoon)
- white or mint lip balm
    (I used Maybelline Baby lips in Mint since I love the minty feel. Kinda like the Revlon Lip Stain Balm)
- Sleek Pout Paint (any color you like)
- tissue for cleaning (it can get a little messy)



What I did:

I just melted the lip balm (I had to scrape until the bottom of the tube) and a small (25-centavo-sized) amount of Pout Paint in a sandok. Once it's melted, I poured it back into the balm tube (be sure to put tissue or newspaper underneath as this can be messy) 
 and popped it in the fridge for 5 - 10 minutes.

L: Pout Paint R: Pout Paint + Lip Balm

I was very surprised at the color pay off. I was expecting it to be  sheer or with just a little bit of a tint but it has the same color intensity as if it was squeezed out of the tube. I love that it is now minty and easy to apply. I still have a lot left it the original tube. If you have several Pout Paints, you can also mix them up to create a whole new shade.

I hope you found this post helpful.

Thanks for dropping by!

You can also find me on:

FB: facebook.com/momgonevainblog
Instagram and Twitter: @momgonevain

6 comments:

  1. Awesome tutorial! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow parang may new lippie lang =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo nga eh. Next time I'll try mixing other shades naman. :)

      Delete
  3. I actually saw Koren's video, and I immediately thought about my pout paint pero I am not sure with the ratio. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're Welcome Maica! Actually a little goes along way na. It also depends on the opacity you'd like to achieve. The first one I did was I little to sheer for me kaya I made a second one tapos dinagdagan ko n yung Pout paint. This is the second one na.

      Delete