Tuesday, October 8, 2013

1950's Inspired Look for Halloween

Hi Everyone!

I love Halloween. It is one of my favorite occasions to celebrate. Trying or creating different looks just get me so excited! I already posted a 1920's look yesterday, so I thought I'd do a 1950's look this time.


The 1950's Make Up


The 1950's make up is a softer, more feminine look.  Women back then wore softly curled hair, winged eyes with flirty lashes, bold red lipstick, defined eyebrows, and rosy cheeks. 



Bandana's were a huge trend back in those days. In the 1950's, women in the United States used to tie their hair back in order to keep it clean or prevent it from becoming messy.


Here's my version of this look. 


Products I used:

Kokuryu Summer Cake in Orange Blush
EB Studio Finish Stick Foundation in Creme
San San Two-Way Foundation in No. 3
Pinkies Collection Eyebrown Pencil in Light Brown
Jazzy Cosmetics Eyebrow Cake
E.L.F. 100 Pieces Eyeshadow Palette
Essence Gel Eyeliner in Midnight in Paris
LOL Cosmetics Matte Bronzer
Careline Powder Blush in Rosy Cheek
M&Co. Matte Lipstick in Brick Red
'
What I did:

1. Apply foundation and concealer and blend well. Then I set it with my two-way foundation to minimize shine.

2. I outlined my brows using an eyebrow pencil and filled it in with my eyebrow cake. (I should have made my brows a little darker to create a more defined brows)

3. After filling in my brows, I used a cream (color not formula) eyeshadow all over my lids and defined my crease with a light brown eyeshadow.

4. After sweeping a light eyeshadow across my lids, I took a black eyeliner and carefully lined my top lash line. It  should be dark and solid, starting from about the middle of your eye and outward. Make sure to flick it up to “extend” the look of your lashes.

5. Next, I contoured my cheeks with a matte bronzer before sweeping a rosy blush on my cheeks.

6. I then swept a bright red lipstick on my lips.

7. After that I curled my lashes and added a few coats of black mascara on my top lashes and a very light coat on my bottom lashes. Lastly, I glued on my false eyelashes.



This is a very easy look to create. However, creating the winged eyeliner can be a little bit tricky. It takes a lot of practice especially if you're a beginner. 

If you want to go for the 1950's look, just don't forget to pair it with those beautiful soft curls (I can't do much with my hair because it's too short so I opted for the bandana instead.) and 1950's clothes especially if you like the pin-up look.

Thanks for dropping by!

You can also find me on:

FB: facebook.com/momgonevainblog
Instagram and Twitter: @momgonevain

2 comments:

  1. I love the cat eyes sis, plus women from the 50s dressed impecably and were neat, and feminine mukhang mabango lagi. You nailed it, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sis! Oo nga eh. Pangarap ko mkpag ayos ng may curls ala 50's kaso iksi ng hair ko eh. Wala din ako 50's dress kaya make up n lng. heheh! :)

      Delete