Friday, September 20, 2013

Terribly Terrific Twos

Hey Everyone!
"When there's a toddler in the house, minority rules."
My one year and a half daughter is already showing some "terrible twos" traits. A few weeks ago, she flat out said to me, "Kulit. Mo." just because I didn't give her chocolate. I honestly thought that was hilarious and adorable at the same time.



With the screams and temper tantrums because she can't wait to look at pictures of Joy, Ariel, Tide and Downy (No. They're not people's names. They're dish-washing soaps and laundry detergents.) on the internet; and the enormous mess she makes when playing, I feel like I am going to battle every single day. Not to mention the constant "no's" and "mine's"! Even tying her hair becomes a feat sometimes.

At this age, she's already strong-willed and is calling all the shots even if it's drinking Dutchmill or eating chocolate wafers for breakfast. Her bossiness can be exhausting sometimes.

So if you're a mom who , like me, feels like you wanna pull your hair out sometimes because of a strongly opinionated little human being, here are some of the tips I learned from www.justthefactsbaby.com to help us ease our way through those tricky days of toddlerdom:


  •  It's important to slow down and really watch your child–and be in awe of all she is learning and experiencing. Her days as a toddler will go fast, so let her re-introduce you to the world of childhood, filled with wonder and awe.





  •  Respect your child's individuality. Watch how she copes and manipulates through a day. Remember that it's all still new and challenging to her–be patient and you will be rewarded with glimpses of her ingenuity and creativity.



  • Toddlers are incredibly curious. They are led by their curiosity and it's the way they learn. Be careful not to squelch that curiosity–instead, encourage her explorations in safe ways and marvel at the way her mind works.




  • Respectfully parent your child. Respect involves listening to, considering, liking, enjoying and being in a mutual, interactive relationship with her. She will learn to respect you in turn.  

Read the full article here.

I know my little powerhouse is at a very challenging stage where cuddles and laughter can quickly turn into tantrums and tears. But thinking about it, the terrible-twos stage may not be so terrible after all. The "terrible" things she does are, in a way, very terrific too. And I guess the most important thing (and which I keep reminding myself everyday) is to just enjoy the moment because she will just be in this age once and will probably be a lot more difficult when she becomes a teenager. :)

Don't grow up too fast Baby Love. Take your time. 

Thanks for dropping by!
You can also find me on:

FB: facebook.com/momgonevainblog
Instagram and Twitter: @momgonevain

2 comments:

  1. I can so relate to you, Mommy Monika. My son is also 1 year and a half. The only time of the day na maayos ang bahay is between 11pm until 6am the next day. Whatever he get his hands on, he'll either throw it or wreck it. And he's really naughty. Whenever I say "No!", he'll do the the opposite. But I'm not complaining because I love him so much. We've waited for him for more than 4 years eh. :) Oh, I don't want him to grow up too fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww.. Lalo na pla makulit yung sayo kasi boy. :) Yes, makalat tlga sila noh? Grabe din sa likot at kulit pero super nakakatuwa at nakakatawa pa din sila. Of course no matter how much we complain, we still love our little humans so much. hindi nmn cguro masama magreklamo paminsan minsan :)

      Delete