Friday, September 27, 2013

Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipsticks

Hi friends!

Yes. It's another lipstick post for y'all! This time about the Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipsticks. I've seen this all over YouTube and have been dying to get may hands on these beauties. Unfortunately, they are not available in our local department stores. These can only be purchased through online re-sellers. I wish Rimmel will be available in the Philippines one day.  Until that day comes, I am going to settle for online shops.




OVERVIEW

I got 3 Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipsticks by Kate Moss and 1 from the regular line I believe from Get Gorgeous Manila for more or less Php 400. 00 (Sorry I forgot the exact price). 

PACKAGING


The packaging is not really something unique especially since it's made of plastic however it feels quite durable and sturdy. I particularly like the ones from Kate Moss because the red tube looks pretty with Kate Moss' signature and the crown on top of the cap.


SCENT


I do not like the scent of these to be honest. It smells (and tastes) like flowers. I still prefer subtle sweet scents over floral scents.

PIGMENT


I got the shades 104, 105, 109 & 006. These lipsticks pack such a punch! One swipe is enough to give you a beautiful, opaque wash of color that is true to the color in the bullet. If like me, you like bold and full colors just put on a few more layers to achieve your desired opacity. The color applies evenly too; it wasn't patchy or anything.



CONSISTENCY & LONGEVITY


Although these are marketed as "matte" lipsticks, I did not experience any tugging or difficulty in the application. I din not really find these extremely matte. These are actually quite very creamy and appear to have a tiny bit of a sheen to the finish. These also did not dry out my lips or accentuated any line or dry patches/skin on my lips. The color lasted 4 hours on my lips without heavy eating. After eating, fading happened and I needed to reapply.


L to R: 104, 105, 109, 006
Top: 104, 105 Bottom: 109, 006


These are great quality lipsticks! The only problem I have with these is availability. They can only be bought from local online sellers or through their website. Other than that, I love these a whole bunch! Now I understand why they're just so popular in the US. Even if they're a little expensive by my standards, I still feel that they're all worth it! :)

I hope you all found this post helpful.

Thanks for dropping by!


You can also find me on:

FB: facebook.com/momgonevainblog
Instagram and Twitter: @momgonevain

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I've been eyeing a few shades like 107 and 110. Btw sis dun pala sa suki shop ko they sell it for only 280 Pesos. I might get one on my next-next pay day. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo try mo sila. I love their matte lippies. I just don't like the scent. :)

      Delete
  2. Ganda ng shade I love the 1st one ung 104 :) tsaka ung eyelashes mo sis ang ganda inggit ako hahah :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fave ko din yang 104 at yung 109 :) Thanks!

      Delete