Sunday, September 8, 2013

Mom Gone Foodie | Wangfu Chinese Cafe


Hey Y'all!

It was little sister's birthday last Friday so she decided to treat us to dinner (Thanks, B!) We had dinner at Wangfu Chinese Cafe which is located at the ground floor of Il Terrazzo along Tomas Morato Ave. We were actually brainstorming about where to eat a few days before but then she decided to take us to Wangfu so we can try it out. She has already eaten there once before but it was a first for me.



The restaurant is small but not crowded. I also like that it's well-lit which is great for picture-taking. :) They offer a variety of Chinese-Singaporean dishes and each serving is good enough for 2 to 3 persons. Their prices are quite affordable too, ranging from Php 180-300. The crew were accommodating and courteous. The food service was good too, although, some dishes took a little while to be served (the beef  noodle soup and the Kai Lan in Oyster sauce to be exact).


I didn't get to know much about Wangfu because I wasn't able to chat with the manager. I also wasn't able to take not of the price of each dish but here's what I think about their food.


Fist off is the Singapore Satay Bihon. I am not a very big bihon fan but this wasn't so bad at all. I got to taste a little bit of it and I kinda liked it.


Their Hakaw dumpling is good too. The chili sauce is a bit different because it's a little sweet.


Of course, who wouldn't love some Soy Chicken? It is served with 2 sauces/dips - one I do not know but it's like a thick oyster sauce and the other one is ginger paste which I love. The chicken is tender too.


This one is the Shanghai Dumpling. This is a little dry for my taste but it tastes OK.


Next is Char Siu Pork (Asado). I didn't get to try this one because I am not really fond of Asado but according to my husband it doesn't taste so much like Asado because it lacks flavor.


We also had Steamed Fish with Garlic. Now this one is my favorite among the bunch. I love how tender and soft the Cream Dory is and the garlic flavor is just right, not too overwhelming. 


One of the viands we ordered is of course, is their Beef with Broccoli. My family always orders this dish when we eat in Chinese restaurants. I also liked this one but I wish it's served with more broccoli. :)


And of course, the Yang Chow Fried Rice. Everyone seemed to have enjoyed this because we ordered 3 plates. It's just like the typical Yang Chow fried Rice we order in Chinese Restos but this I think this one is a little bit more flavorful.

We also had Singapore Style Stir-fried Chicken in Salted Egg and Kai Lan in Oyster Sauce (which I forgot to take a picture of). The former is quite unique. I have never tried anything like it. It's crunchy and I can definitely taste the salted egg in the breading. The latter is probably the least that I liked among everything we ordered because I think it's a little underdone. The vegetable is still a bit tough and it tastes a little bitter too.

Overall, my dining experience in Wangfu Chinese Cafe is not bad at all. I honestly appreciated most of the food and my tummy was actually so full. We actually consumed everything by the end of the night except for the Kai Lan in Oyter Sauce. If you're looking for an affordable Chinese-Singaporean restaurant, you might want to check them out. 

Wang Fu Chinese Cafe
Ground Floor Il Terrazzo, Tomas Morato Avenue corner Scout MadriƱan, 
1103 Quezon City, Philippines
(02) 709 0569

Thanks for dropping by!

You can also find me on:

FB: facebook.com/momgonevainblog
Instagram and Twitter: @momgonevain

No comments:

Post a Comment