Wednesday, September 18, 2013

M&Co. Long Lasting Matte Lipstick with Moisturizer

Hey Friends!

Here I am again with another lipstick post! This time I'm featuring/reviewing M&Co. Long Lasting Matte Lipstick with Moisturizer.  I've actually known about this brand for quite a while now. I've seen it first in SM North department store but I never really paid much attention to it. All I know about it is that it's a Filipino brand endorsed by (I am not sure if owned by) Mikee Conjuangco. I thought this is one of those expensive department store brands. But when I saw Bing Castro of Project Awesome gush about a lipstick from M&Co., I was surprised at how affordable the products from this line are. 


M&Co Long Lasting Matte Lipstick with Moisturizer:
Long-wearing matte lipstick with moisturizing properties and lip protection from dryness and chapping, as it gives long-lasting matte color on lips.

OVERVIEW


If I am not mistaken, M&Co. is not available in all SM Department stores.  So far, I've only seen them in SM North and SM Megamall. You can also get these products from a direct seller. Anyway, I was in Megamall last week for an event and decided to browse the make up aisle where I saw the M&Co. counter. I remembered Bing's haul where she talked about the M&Co. Matte lipstick in Scarlet so I checked if it's as good as she says. Unfortunately, Scarlet was out of stock so I just tried the other shades instead. I tried Natural Tint and fell in love with it. This one cost me Php 170.00 only!

PACKAGING


The packaging is a sleek black plastic tube with a clear bottom that shows the shade of the lipstick. The shade name can be found at the bottom as well. Yey! For putting effort in shade names instead of just numbers. I don't have anything much to say about the packaging since it's pretty simple. I don't have any problems with twisting the tube up and down either. This is the packaging for their cheaper lipsticks. They also have slightly more expensive lipsticks from the Eur Color Collection which are sold for Php 200.00. The packaging of those look a lot more posh than this one. 


SCENT

This lipstick comes with hardly any smell which is great especially if you're someone who's very particular with scents.

PIGMENT


This has great color pay-off , you guys! One swipe and you get an opaque finish. Natural Tint is a beautiful muted pink. I am not very good with describing colors and undertones so I will let the swatches do the talking. All I know is that it's pretty. :)

CONSISTENCY & LONGEVITY

Just like any matte lipstick, this one can be a tiny bit drying (lip balm underneath does the trick) but it's not difficult to apply. This actually reminds me of the Nyx matte lipsticks. In terms of how these feels on my lips and the color pay off. Staying power is impressive as well for its price and considering that this is a local brand. It lasted 4 hours on my lips with very minimal fading after eating and drinking. I actually like this a lot better that the Ever Bilena Matte lipstick. Don't get me wrong, I still like the EB Mattes but I like this much better in terms of opacity and pigment. 

Ganda ng shade, di ba???

the feztival!


I don't live under a rock that's why I feel kinda bad that I only discovered this just recently. I am absolutely hooked and dying to try out more shades. I also want to try the Eur Color Collection next time. I also love the fact that this is a Filipino brand and you know me, I totally support local brands! That's why I give this a perfect score! You won't be disappointed with this brand. 

I hope you found this post helpful!

Thanks for dropping by!

You can also find me on:

FB: facebook.com/momgonevainblog
Instagram and Twitter: @momgonevain

4 comments:

  1. I agree Ganda talaga ng shade nitooo! :D L-O-V-E it!!!! I want this shade too ang layo lang talaga ng SM north sakin sana available na toh sa lahat ng SM Dept.store..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May online store sis. Sna magawi ka sa SM North minsan or sa Megamall. I am not sure kasi kung saan pang branch available to. :)

      Delete
    2. Cool, any recommended online shops?

      Delete
  2. Hi Ma'am, kung naghahanap po kayo ng online store na pwede pagbilhan ng lipstick try nyo po sa Kallony Philippines. Di ko lang po sure if meron sila ng M& Co...basta alam ko authentic binebenta nila :)

    -Pauline | Kallony Philippines

    ReplyDelete