Saturday, September 14, 2013

FS Cosmetics Budget Pack

Hey everyone!

I am always on the  look out for great make up bargains. Who doesn't love a great steal anyway, right? So in one of my recent trips to SM, I stumbled upon this Budget Pack from FS Cosmetics. And of course, I had to check it out. 

Each Budget Pack consists of three (3) FS products namely: FS Powder Blush in Peach Blossom, one (1) FS Lipstick in Carnation, and one (1) eyebrow  pencil in Black. I got mine from SM Megamall Department store for Php 185.00 only. Yes. You get all three for just less than two hundred pesos. Can you believe that? The powder blush itself already retails for Php 350.00. So, this is really a steal!

Here's a closer look of each:

FS Powder Blush in Peach Blossom

When I asked the SA why these are on sale, she told me that this shade is the least sale-able in the collection but I personally think it's quite an old stock since the label on the back still says Fanny Serrano. FS Cosmetics now simply goes with FS  and not under Fanny Serrano anymore.

Their packaging reminds me of Colour Collection's powder blush duo. Actually they are very much similar, identical even.  It comes with a brush which I don't really use. There's no detectable scent t this. Color pay off is a bit sheer but definitely build-able. It's also very easy to apply and very blend-able too. 



Here's  a swatch. 


That's a few swipes already. As I said it's a bit sheer but what's good about it is that you can control the color on your cheek. It's always better to start lightly and just build the color up than to begin with strong color and try to blend it out afterwards. It gives a very peachy pink flush on my cheeks which I adore. 

FS Lipstick in Carnation

This lipstick has a different tube as compared to their regular lines. I don't know the value of this one since they don't sell this individually. The tube is cute but I'm not very much impressed with it although it feels rather sturdy for me. This is also a frosted shade. I am not a big frosted lipstick fan so I am not too crazy about this. What I like about this though is it's very creamy and it glides on smoothly. It lasts an average of 3 hours on the lips without eating. 


Here's the swatch.

FS Eyebrow Pencil


This one is a bit of a let down. No wonder it's practically given for free. It gives very little color as you can see in the swatch below. I don't exactly know how or when to use this since I use light brown eyebrow pencil for my brows. I don't think this will be any good as an eyeliner because it too tough. It even tugged at my skin when I swatched it on my hand so I wouldn't want to be using it anywhere near my eyes. 


Here's a full face using the powder blush and lipstick. I didn't use the pencil.

full face
Peach Blossom on the cheeks and  Carnation on the lips
Of all the three products, I am very much happy with the powder blush. I've been using it for the past week actually.  If you are curious with this budget pack you can check out your nearest FS Cosmetics counter. These are limited stocks so availability is not guaranteed. 

I hope you found this post helpful!

Thanks for dropping by!


You can also find me on:

FB: facebook.com/momgonevainblog
Instagram and Twitter: @momgonevain

6 comments: