Tuesday, September 17, 2013

FOTD: Trying out different lipsticks for a smokey eye

Hi Everyone!

I was so bored this morning so I thought I'd play with a little make up while the little miss is napping.

Here's my version of a subtle smokey eye. I used Wet n' Wild ColorIcon palette in Petal Pusher.



I was a little bit disappointed at how the shades turned out in my photos. It looks like I used a salmon and dark brown shadows when in fact they look more like plums in the palette. I used the shadows 5-8 in this eye look.


I was a little bit disappointed at how the shades turned out in my photos. It looks like I used a salmon and dark brown shadows when in fact they are more like plums in the palette. It also didn't look very smokey in the photos. In person,  it's already very dark. 



I also tried different lipsticks to go with my eye make up. I am wearing Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstick in Totally Toffee and Maybelline ColorSensational Jewels Lipstick in Red Garnet in the upper right photo. The dark, vampy red lipstick on the lower left is Wet n' Wild's  Megalast Lipcolor in Cherry Bomb and lastly, Brazen Berry  from maybelline's Vivids lipsticks.

Which lip color did you like best? I personally like the first and third lip colors.

Thanks for dropping by!


You can also find me on:

FB: facebook.com/momgonevainblog
Instagram and Twitter: @momgonevain

6 comments:

  1. I love the first one best.

    I also added you through GFC, hope you could add me up as well. http://homebaseddiva.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Madami nga may like nung una. So fresh daw. hahah!

      Delete
  2. Ako lang ata may gusto ng bright color hahah Brazen berry :) but any lip color looks very gorg! on you sis :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah! oo nga mostly gusto nila yung nude. I like the vampy look naman. Yung with darl eyes and dark lips. hehe! Thanks! Bagay sayo yang Brazen Berry for sure!

      Delete