Monday, September 23, 2013

Collection Cosmetics Lipstick in Vintage Rose


Hey Everyone!

One of the most recent cosmetics brands to land on Philippine shores is Collection Cosmetics. I've been dying to check their products out since I first read about them and I am so happy when I finally had a chance to. Since I am a MAJOR lipstick addict, I decided to pick up one of their lipsticks called the Lasting Colour Lipstick to try. Continue reading to know my thoughts on this product.


Long lasting lipstick locks colour to lips all day. Enriched with SPF15. Soft, smooth formula.


OVERVIEW

Collection Cosmetics is an affordable make up brand hailing from the UK. When I say affordable, it means everything is below Php 500! This lipstick, in particular, costs Php 199.00 only! They have quite a number of products available from foundations to lipsticks. Since this is a new brand for me, I decided to try one of their Lasting Colour lipsticks first which has 11 shades. I am not sure if all leading department stores carry this brand but I got mine from Crossings in Shangrila Plaza. I've also seen their counter in Landmark, Trinoma.


PACKAGING

OK, this lipstick has the classic packaging you twist up and down which is pretty sturdy. There's really nothing quite unique or impressive with this one as well. The metallic pink paint in the middle is actually fading and there are also a few scratches on the black plastic cap.  I like the black and hot pink color combination, though. 


SCENT

There's a sweet scent on this that's not offensive or whatever. It's subtle enough that you wouldn't even notice it a few minutes after putting it on.

PIGMENT

I picked up the shade Vintage Rose which according to the SA is their best seller. It's a beautiful and creamy rosy pink that's great for school, work, and even romantic dates - basically anytime you'd like to channel a girly/sweet vibe. This has a creamy formula so a little bit of shine can be expected. Looking closely, I saw some micro shimmers but this is not frosty or glittery in any way. The color payoff is amazing too, BTW. 


CONSISTENCY & LONGEVITY

This glides on my lips like a dream. It's so creamy that even after a few hours of wear-time my lips still felt smooth and moisturized. Lasting power is decent which is not surprising for creamy formulas. Don't expect this to last all day even if it says "lasting" colour. This lasted 3 hours on me and I had to reapply after eating. 

Top: with flash; Bottom: natural light
Collection Cosmetics Lasting Colour lipstick in Vintage Rose



For the price, formula and color pay off, I am definitely giving this a perfect score. Collection Cosmetics is definitely a great brand to try especially if you're a make up newbie since these won't burn a huge hole in your pockets. If you're a lipstick lover like me, this is a must try. 

For more info visit:



I hope you found this post helpful!

Thanks for dropping by!



You can also find me on:

FB: facebook.com/momgonevainblog
Instagram and Twitter: @momgonevain






4 comments:

  1. looks good on you! Collection Cosmetics is my current fave.. not only because it is affordable but the product is of great quality :)

    Muther I love your kilay! bigyan mo naman ako ng one on one hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mommy pehpot! Sure! Bigyan kita ng one on one tutorial. heheh! :)

      Delete
  2. I have this one and yes I like it, too! Especially because:
    1. It doesn't feel waxy.
    2. It doesn't develop that yucky white layer after hours of wearing it.
    3 It's opaque and stays well. Of course it would fade after some time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with all of those. This is actually one of my favorites. :)

      Delete