Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Wet N' Wild Silk Finish Lipstick


Hello everyone!

How are y'all doing today? I bet you feel fabulous!

I believe Wet N Wild Silk Finish Lipsticks are like the unsung heroes or a drugstore's hidden gems. At first glance, you would immediately doubt the quality of  these unassuming lippies because of their price and packaging. But once you gave these babies a chance, you'd probably ask where they've been all your life. At least that's what I said to myself the first time I tried it.




SILK FINISH® LIPSTICK

Enriched with conditioning ingredients of Vitamins A & E and Aloe Vera for moist-looking lips.

OVERVIEW

If you're very much interested in these and haven't tried them, you can find these on Wet N Wild counters in SM department stores. It's sometimes found together with the L.A. Colors cosmetics. These are sold for 
PHP 119.00 and has 22 shades in the whole line. I am just not sure if all 22 shades are available in the country. With each tube you get 3.6 grams of product and that's a good amount already. 

PACKAGING

The packaging is a simple silver plastic tube with a clear cap. It's functional but not quite attractive especially if like me, you are fond of elegant or cute tubes. It's not travel-friendly because the cap has a tendency to come off easily. I also do not like that the lipstick itself does not come all the way down because it can be messy if you failed to close the cap carefully. 



SCENT

These lipsticks do not have a strong scent which is what I love about them. There's a subtle scent  (I do not exactly know what it smells like) that fades quickly.

PIGMENT

These lippies are very pigment considering their price. They actually have different finishes, from pearl-y to cream finish. I love the cream finish a lot because they have the best color pay-off. These can be sheered out or built up depending on your mood. 

Blushing Bali - a light rosy pink with fine shimmers

Hot Paris Pink - a perfect mix of fuchsia, red  and coral

Dark Wine - a gorgeous deep berry/maroon with a hint of purple

CONSISTENCY & LONGEVITY

These really live up to their name. They really do have a silky finish and glide on extremely well. Their very creamy, and the application is superb - applies very smooth;y on the lips. It's like putting on a lip balm with great color. I also love the fact that these do not dry out my lips. As for staying power, these can last 3 to 4 hours especially with the deeper shades. You have to reapply once you eat or drink.

L to R: Blushing Bali, Dark Wine, Hot Paris Pink

Wet N Wild Silk Finish lipsticks are probably one of the best lipsticks out there with a very affordable price tag. You can collect all the shades and it won't even make a huge dent on your bank account. You get great color pay off without experiencing chapped lips at the end of the day. I am definitely going to try the other shades and will share it with you as soon as I get them. 

I hope you found this post helpful!

Thanks for dropping by!


You can also find me on:

FB: facebook.com/momgonevainblog
Instagram and Twitter: @momgonevain



No comments:

Post a Comment