Saturday, August 3, 2013

Shawill Make-up Kit with Natural Pure Colors

Hi Everyone!

Shawill cosmetics has been available for quite a while in leading department stores here in the Philippines. I always check out their counter whenever I'm in the beauty section. I was looking for a more affordable BB Cream a while back and stumbled upon them. Their BB cream is one of the cheapest I've tried. When I liked it (BB cream), I went back to check out their other products and their eye shadows became one of my favorites. So here's one of their eyeshadow palettes. Read on to find out more about this.



OVERVIEW

As I have mentioned, I am a fan of Shawill eyeshadows. They are affordable and they have great colors. This palette in particular only costs Php 125.00. You already get six (6) eye shadows (12.5g of product)  for that price. I got palette 004.

PACKAGING

This palette has a more sturdy and less cheap-looking case compared to the other palette I have. This is thin and can fit any purse or kit easily. I think the pink flower design on the cover is cute. It also comes with a dual end sponge tip applicator. I just wish they have a shade name for each color instead of just referring to them using a number.


SCENT

These shadows have no detectable scent.

PIGMENT

The four shadows on the top row has visible gold shimmers in the pan but when applied, it is matte and the gold shimmers become less visible. The 2 horizontal shadows have no shimmer but they have a pearl finish. The color pay off is good but it's not amazing. You need a good base to make the colors appear more vibrant. 


CONSISTENCY & LONGEVITY

I had a little problem with the 4 shimmery shadows because they feel a little dry and they tug. Blending is a bit difficult and tricky. The 2 other shades, on the other hand, is easy to work with. As for staying power, these lasts for about 3 hours. After that, you'll notice fading and/or creasing. I recommend using a primer underneath to make this last longer and to avoid creasing. 


I have the fourth shade (gun-metal/gray) on my lids with no primer. I took this photo 3 hours after application and if you look closely it creased and faded on my lids. 


applied in 2 layers with no primer

I love Shawill eye shadows but the shadows on this palette is just so-so. I'm not crazy about it but I don't hate it either. Although I don't like this as much as the palette with blusher, this is not an absolutely bad product. I love the colors on this palettes so I just make it work using a primer. I use Nyx Jumbo Pencil in Milk as my base and it works well.  I think, however, that there are other products better than this palette. So I probably won't be purchasing this palette.


Do you have this palette? What are your thoughts about this? What's your favorite product from Shawill?
I'd love to know :)


I hope you found this post helpful!

Thanks for dropping by!



You can also find me on:

FB: facebook.com/momgonevainblog
Instagram and Twitter: @momgonevain

3 comments:

  1. I never saw this before, or maybe I just overlooked. Anyway the shades look gorgeous and that grey e/s looks fab on you. Thanks for posting! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rattus! I am not sure if this is new. Maybe you just overlooked it. The e/s creased on me but that's OK since I didn't use a primer underneath it.

      Delete
  2. Awesome pigmentation! I've always seen Shawill around malls but I've never considered them. I love eyeshadow and this is just amazing colors, not to mention cheap!

    ReplyDelete