Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Perks of Pregnancy

Hey everyone!




I've never had the BEST pregnancy experience and I do have "mommy blues" from time to time. When days are tough, one of my favorite blogs to read for inspiration is Diapers & Daisies by Sarah. It's such an inspiring blog about motherhood . I can totally relate to most of her posts that's why she quickly became one of my favorites. One of which I can really relate to was her recent post about the 5 Greatest Perks of Pregnancy.  I can't help but recall the perks I got when I was pregnant and thought I'd come up with my own list too. 

1. It's OK to be the DIVA.

Yes. The moment I announced I was pregnant everybody became nicer to me and at my disposal especially my hubby. People treated me extra nicely all of a sudden and people start giving me gifts and treats.  My parents would even call me when the're out to ask me what I want them to bring home. Now, who wouldn't just love free stuff and food? It's absolutely OK to take advantage of that. Just don't abuse it.

2. Weirdness is accepetable.

No one will ever question any weird craving or any weird reaction when you're preggo. Whether its bacon at midnight or crying for no apparent reason. Believe me. No one.

3. You don't have to worry about that extra bulge.

Before I got pregnant, I already had a bulge which I always try to cover up. When I got preggers, I didn't worry about what clothes will make my tummy look flat or small. I just wore  whatever I wanted because I wouldn't be offended if someone asked me if I was pregnant anyways. I also didn't have to constantly suck it in.

4. Eating for two.

I know that when you're pregnant you don't have to eat for two. But there are just days when the craving and not to mention the hunger is just too strong you can just eat two whole roasted chickens! I can eat absolutely anything I wanted. What's not to love about being able to eat what you want and sometimes, how much you want? 

5. Special treatments and priority lanes.


I love going to banks and government offices when I was pregnant. I didn't have to worry about the lines being too long because most banks and government offices have their priority lanes for senior citizens, PWD and yes, pregnant women! Woot! Woot! This I really took advantage of because I hate queues! I can use the PWD Restroom in malls when the restroom lines are just too long and people offer their seats in MRT. 


How about you? What special perks did you experience when you were preggers?
I'd love to know.

Thanks for dropping by!

You can also find me on:

FB: facebook.com/momgonevainblog
Instagram and Twitter: @momgonevain

No comments:

Post a Comment