Wednesday, August 14, 2013

MAC Flamingo from the All About Orange Collection


Hello Y'all!

I am not a fan of rainy days and Mondays. A couple of weeks ago, I woke up to both - a rainy Monday morning. I was feeling rather blah and lazy when I suddenly got a tweet from Tina of WhatTinaloves. It's amazing how one tweet can brighten up a gloomy day! Hahaha! Anyhoo, the tweet was saying that I had won a MAC Flamingo lipstick from her giveaway! Oh happy, happy, joy, joy! Syempre nagsisigaw ako sa tuwa akala ng anak ko kung ano nangyari sken. hahah!






OVERVIEW

MAC Flamingo is part of the All About Orange limited edition collection from MAC. There are about 7 shades in this collection. The shades are Razzledazzler, Sweet & Sour, Tangerine Dream, Flamingo, Sushi Kiss, Tart & Trendy, and  Neon Orange. MAC lipsticks are priced at PHP 1,000. Since this is part of a limited collection I am not sure of this lipstick's availability. You can still check MAC counters just to be sure. 

PACKAGING

Mac lipsticks have been known for their bullet-like tube. Its black and silver casing  is very sturdy and classy. Because of its timelessness, its been imitated by some but is never duplicated. I have always been a fan of MAC's simple yet elegant packaging.



SCENT

I think a lot of local brands have been trying to imitate the vanilla scent of MAC lipsticks but I have never encountered any local lipstick that was able to duplicate it. Probably Nichido's HD lipsticks is the closest but still not quite.

PIGMENT

Mac Flamingo is a light, milky,coral with a lustre finish. This lipstick looks very intimidating and bright on the tube but appears to be a light pink/peach on my lips. Since it's a lustre finish, it's a bit translucent and shiny when applied, don't expect this shade's color payoff to be opaque. 


CONSISTENCY & LONGEVITY

This glides on very smoothly on my lips. I guess I have to credit that to the lustre finish. Wear time is so-so. It only lasted an hour or two on me. After I ate dinner, only a slight sheen and color was left so I needed to reapply. 

L: with flash R: natural light



I LOVE this lipstick. I was a bit scared when I first saw it. I actually thought "Man, that's bright!" but when I tried it on it was this gorgeous pin/peach shade that great for a fresh everyday look. I can use this with a smokey eye for a dramatic look or a with neutral eyes for everyday. I am just so thankful I won this! Thank you so much again, Tina! One day I will be able to giveaway a MAC lipstick too for y'all! 

I hope you found this post helpful!

Thanks for dropping by! mwah!


You can also find me on:

FB: facebook.com/momgonevainblog
Instagram and Twitter: @momgonevain

2 comments: