Friday, August 9, 2013

Ever Bilena Matte Lipstick

Hi Everyone!

YouTube gurus, Beauty bloggers, and practically everyone have been raving about the Ever Bilena Matte lipsticks quite a while now.  In fact, I'm sure you've seen and read reviews about these almost everywhere. At first, I was actually baffled as to why they think these are awesome but when I finally got to try one of these I became an instant fan and I am going to tell you why.


Pure impact. Pure luxury. Ultra Matte Finish. The only matte lipstick that makes your lips stays supple and smooth. Delicately scented in a long-wearing formula that accentuates and pampers your lips. Incredibly luxurious, with Vitamin E that gives your lips the natural moisture.
OVERVIEW

I got mine in separate trips to the mall but if my memory serves me right, I purchased them in SM Department stores although Ever bilena can be found in all leading supermarkets and department stores. Ever bilena is also sold through direct selling so if you happen to know a dealer, just ask about their matte lipsticks and they will probably be more than happy to show you one. This line has more than 10 shades to choose from. Something that's quite impressive for a local brand. I actually wish they have more. You can grab one, if not all of these, for PHP 155.00 a piece. Very affordable, huh?

PACKAGING

Packaging is the one thing I don't like about these lipsticks. It looks OK but it feels quite cheap because of the flimsy plastic tube. I particularly hate the color indicator on the lid because it comes right off and falls off. (I just had to glue mine on) I don't know if it is really  meant to come off because I heard it's supposed to be a gloss or something. I personally think it's useless/pointless. Why would I buy a matte lipstick and put gloss on top? Kinda defeats the purpose, don't you think?



SCENT

Anyhoo, I didn't detect any offensive/nauseating smell on these. LOVE!

PIGMENT
These do not give great color impact in one swipe. However, a couple of swipes can give you great and full color. I got mine in Storm (red with orange undertones), Siennas (a coral-y red), and Mirrored Mocha (nude with hints of orange). Among the three, my favorite is Mirrored Mocha because it's an MLBB for me. 


CONSISTENCY & LONGEVITY

Since these are matte, they do not really glide on like butter but they they do glide on rather smoothly compared to other matte lipsticks I've tried. Actually, they're semi-matte and there's a little bit sheen to its finish. What I love is that these do not dry my lips out. I have not experienced flaking nor chapping whenever I wear them. As for longevity, Storm lasts longer than the other two. I think that's also the case for the other deeper shades. You'd have 3 to 4 hours tops without eating or kissing *wink* before you reapply.

All in all, I do like these Ever Bilena Matte Lipsticks. Not bad considering its price. Most of the shades are really promising, although I wish they'd come out with more - more neutrals and something purple or dark perhaps? The packaging is something I can ignore. These feel great on the lips and definitely worth trying especially if you live under a rock and have not tried these yourselves!

 Hope you found this post helpful!

Thanks for dropping by!

You can also find me on:

FB: facebook.com/momgonevainblog
Instagram and Twitter: @momgonevain




6 comments:

  1. sounds promising but they should improve the packaging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love EB matte lipstick as well! I have like 5-6 shades! They're very addicting :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are! Very affordable lang kaya pwede kumpletuhin lahat ng shades. :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the swatches, I would like to try the mirrored mocha cause lately I've been hunting a nude and a affordable lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Lei. It's worth a try talaga. It's one of my favorite nude lipsticks. :)

      Delete