Saturday, July 27, 2013

On Mommy's Vanity: Wet n' Wild Coloricon Eyeshadow 8-pan Palette in Petal Pusher

Oh Hello Purple Lovers! 

How are you today? Fabulous, I hope.

Last month, one of my close friends attended his sister's wedding in the US. I asked him if he can buy this Wet n' Wild palette for me because these palettes are a little expensive here. He was so sweet to buy it for me even if he knew nothing about make up. 




OVERVIEW

Calling all purple and plum lovers! You're definitely going to love this palette.  Here is a mix of purples, mauves, and maroons. You simply get eight beautiful colors in equal amounts in this palette. I like that each shade has an imprinted label for where to use it - very easy for make up noobs to follow. But hey, you don't have to strictly stick to it. Creativity is still highly encouraged. You can mix-and-match to your own preference. This is sold in the US for $5 and Php 500 in Philippine department stores.



PACKAGING

The pans are housed in a simple black plastic with a clear plastic lid. It's not the prettiest or fanciest packaging but I think it's very practical letting you see the colors at once - very straightforward and hassle-free. It's easy to open too. I also love that they have included at the back a mini tutorial on how to create different eye looks using this palette.

SCENT

There's no detectable scent whatsoever.


PIGMENT

Wet n' wild palettes are now known for their great pigmentation and this one is no exception. You have to be careful with the dark shades because they are very pigmented. A little goes a long way. Don't forget to tap off the excess because there's a tendency for fall-out (with the dark shades). If you are expecting matte shades in this palette you'll be disappointed because all 8 shades have a pearly/shimmery finish. There are visible sparkles especially with the darker shades. No. 6 is my favorite in this palette.

CONSISTENCY & LONGEVITY

These are amazingly soft. It has no tugging issues whenever I use it. With one swatch, you'll get great color payoff but it is still best to use a primer to make the colors more vibrant to make it last longer.



swatched once; no primer

swatched once; no primer



These palettes never disappoint me. I have the I HEART MATTE palette (review here) and my sister has the Comfort Zone; and they both work so beautifully too. These palettes have been around for quite a while but I've read only a few reviews about it here in the Philippines. I still want to get my hands on the other palettes especially the new ones from the spring and summer collection. Over all, this is a great buy. I think it's really worth every centavo.

I hope this review is helpful to you. Thanks for dropping by! :)


You can also find me on:

FB: facebook.com/momgonevainblog
Instagram and Twitter: @momgonevain


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! It's nice that they have embedded labels onto the cake so newbies can know which is for crease, contour, etc. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Yes I like that they have labels to very newbie-friendly :)

      Delete
  2. I love purple <3 love the color combination :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should check this palette out.

      Delete