Saturday, July 20, 2013

Maybelline Colorsensational Vivids in Brazen Berry

Hi Everyone!

Lipsticks really make my heart skip a beat especially when they're bright! I am just in love with creamy and vibrant lipsticks. When I'm in a hurry, I would just put on a bright lip and go. For quite a while now, beauty bloggers and YouTubers have raved about this Maybelline ColorSensational line called Vivids. I was so intrigued when I saw how gorgeous the colors are - they really are vivid. Of course, I was drawn to this lovely, lovely purple shade. I just knew I needed to have it in my life! :P




Now bright goes gorgeous, never garish.
Brighter color from our exclusive vivid pigments.
Creamier feel from nourishing honey nectar.

OVERVIEW

Brazen Berry is part of the Maybelline ColorSensational Vivids collection released last year. It is not yet available in the Philippines and I am not sure if it ever will. I do hope they release it here! It retails for about $8.00 and Php 320 - 380 in local online stores. I got mine from Get Gorgeous Manila. You get 0.15 oz product which is a fairly decent amount of product. There are 10 super-saturated shaded in this collection. You can check out the shades here.

PACKAGING

Like the other ColorSensational lipsticks, this also comes in the same sleek sliver tube only this one has a bright red-orange cap. It takes a little more room inside the make up kit compared to the traditional round tubes. Personally, it's not a problem but if you're one that carries just a small kit or pouch you might consider making some room for this. 



SCENT

It has the usual ColorSensational lipstick scent to it which I can't quite put my finger on. It smells sweet almost like toffee or caramel but not overwhelming.

PIGMENT

Brazen Berry is a creamy fuchsia/purple with cool (looks kinda blue) undertone. It goes on semi-opaque and has some sheen to it. It can be applied sheer with one swipe or can be layered so you can achieve your desired opacity. I personally hoped it came of a little bit more opaque. 

CONSISTENCY & LONGEVITY

This lipstick goes on smoothly - very slick and creamy. No tugging issues right here. However, this did not apply evenly on my lips. I had to layer on a few more coats to make it even and to make it appear more opaque. One thing I love about these ColorSensational lipsticks is that they are very moisturizing and comfortable on the lips. It lasted for a decent 5 hours on my lips and left a stain. 



Brazen Berry on my lips


All in all, I love this lipstick. The only thing I don't like about it is that it's not available in local department stores. I still want to get my hands on the other shades. If you are willing to get out of your comfort zone  or if you are just looking a bright lipstick to add to your collection, I suggest you give this a try.


Thanks for dropping by! :)



You can also find me on:

FB: facebook.com/momgonevainblog
Instagram and Twitter: @momgonevain


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous shade! I love purples too =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes. it really is gorgeous. you should try this lipstick shade. you'll love it. :)

      Delete