Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Great Inventions For Mommies


"Necessity is the mother of invention."


As a modern mom in this fast-changing world, I am very thankful for these very simple yet useful inventions. If these things hadn't been invented, I cannot imagine the discomfort or difficulty I could experience. 

(These are in no particular order.)

Wet wipes


This is a great invention! I remember when we were young my mother would soak cotton balls in water and use it to wipe my sister's behind to clean it. Imagine if I had to tote around wet cotton balls and use it when we go out. It's very inconvenient and not very hygienic. Wet tissues are not only useful for cleaning my baby's bum but are also useful for wiping her hands or face. I also find it handy when I had to wipe anything my daughter is going to sit on or touch.


Changing tables



I have to thank establishments especially malls for installing changing tables in their restrooms. It just makes it so much easier for moms like me to change diapers. I also love that there's a safety belt to hold the baby in place. Now I don't have to change my baby's diaper on a table, a bench or even the floor in public.

Diapers





Diapers are not only very convenient because they can be easily purchased in groceries but also because it saves you a lot of time doing the laundry. It is also very convenient especially when we travel or go out. I don't have to worry about leaks or poop explosions.

Grocery carts with seats



It's so difficult to do grocery shopping when carrying a little tot around. That's why I am so thankful for shopping carts that have seats for babies. It just makes grocery shopping more convenient and fun.

Anti-colic bottles


When my daughter was a few months old, she used to cry a lot because of gas. My sister suggested we try the Avent feeding bottles because it is said to prevent gas. I was skeptical at first thinking it's just one of those overpriced bottles but since we tried it she has not been fuzzy and gassy. 

High chairs


High chairs have made dining out enjoyable for us even if it's just for a few minutes. I am able to enjoy my food without having someone crying or squirming on my lap. It is actually one of the first things I look for in restaurants. If there are no high chairs I ask my husband if we can eat somewhere where there are high chairs. This may just be a very ordinary thing but it has been very helpful to me as a mom because I NEED to enjoy my meal sometimes :)

Immunization



Thank God for these because as a mother, I never want my daughter to get sick. Immunizations give me some peace of mind knowing that my daughter is safer and healthier.



How about you, mommies? What inventions are you thankful for as a mom?



Thanks for dropping by! :)

You can also find me on:

FB: facebook.com/momgonevainblog
Instagram and Twitter: @momgonevain


18 comments:

  1. Thankful din ako sa wipes and high chair, mommy. It's very easy to clean our baby's mouth, hands and body kasi with wipes. And sa high chair naman, stress free kaming nakakakain ni hubby because of it. :D Add ko na rin ang pacifier kasi sa first few months ni Y pacifier lang talaga ang nakakapagpakalma sa kanya. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo nga eh. super helpful talaga ng mga yan. Hindi ko naisi yung pacifier ah. Oo nga very helpful din talaga yan para mapakalma ang mga bata :)

      Delete
  2. I'm most thankful for the invention of diapers. Haha! I tried using lampin on my eldest for her first few weeks and I went crazy. It's eeky and too much work. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naku true! Ang pagod maglaba pag cloth diaper. Mas magastos pa kasi dahil ng coconsume din ng water and soap eh hindi naman isa lang ang nagagamit the whole day. nakakaloka!

      Delete
  3. Strollers also sis! When I had my first born there was a time that I can't carry him that long hours because he was too heavy already. He was quite big for his age. Strolling around the mall will never be of ease without it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naku buti ka pa sis. Yung stroller ng baby ko hind namin nagamit kasi ayaw nya magstay dun. Hindi sya tumatagal. Buti na lang hindi sya gaano kabigat.

      Delete
  4. Baby wipes talaga! Up to now, I always keep some in my bag or in the car. So useful. Pati mosquito repellent and patches. :)

    xo Patty
    mrspcuyugan.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo nga mommy. Very helpful talaga ang baby wipes. Oh tama maosquito repellant tlga kailangan din lalo na sa panahon natin ngayon.

      Delete
  5. My daughter is allergic to chicken and egg so I am really thankful that there is this certain cream that works for her! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes. Thank God talga for modern medicine. Life saver!

      Delete
  6. I have to agree on your list.. that is for moms with toddlers.. pero for moms with school kids, great inventions include tape dispenser, printer and trolley bag! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure Mommy Pehpot kapag nagschool na si baby ko I will really find those helpful kaya I will make sure meron ako ng mga yan. :)

      Delete
  7. As a domesticated queen, WASHING MACHINE and TV. WM for my ever-changing fashionista and TV to babysit her when I need to rest and don't want to talk to her. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes those are very helpful talaga! :)

      Delete
  8. I am so grateful that Bumbo seats were made including walkers. For the little ones that wanna sit but not so capable on their own and walk but still need support. Those two things have helped me so much. I totally agree with the wet wipes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I never tried Bumbo. Pero I heard na ok nga sya. Yes the wet wipes I can't leave the house without :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. dual breast pump!!! I don't know what to do without it! Baby is 8 months and I am still breastfeeding her. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. dual breast pump!!! I don't know what to do without it! Baby is 8 months and I am still breastfeeding her. =)

    ReplyDelete