Monday, June 24, 2013

Sunday Grub and Ukay-Ukay Finds

Hello! Hello!

I hope you all had a great weekend!

Yesterday, My sister called my mother at around 8 AM inviting her for lunch in Megamall. I asked if Yomi and I could tag along and she said yes. The husband is still sleeping (he came home a bit late) so I just let him sleep. 

We arrived in Megamall at around 10:30 AM and we had lunch at Gumbo. This is actually my first time dining here and it wasn't disappointing. 

That's Yomi's Dora checking out the menu



Gumbo had a Buy One Take One promo for BPI Credit Card users. What a treat , right? My sister paid for 1 appetizer and 1 main entree only. While we wait for our orders, we were given a complimentary bread with oil dip. The food service was good and quick. We didn't wait very long.


Their serving is quite big and good for sharing. The four of us (the parentals, my sister and I) just shared the mozzarella rolls served with pomodoro sauce, baby back ribs (I picked a mashed potato side dish for Yomi. I ended up eating it anyway. :P), and grilled pork chops. We had baked artichoke formaggio too but I forgot to take a picture of it. I have to say I was so full! It was pleasant first time dining experience.

with baby girl
My sister also bought this super cute baby donuts from J.Co. I am not a fan of expensive and overly sweet donuts but this one is too cute to ignore. They're a bunch of ultra cute bite-size goodness. I think it's still a little too sweet for my taste but I probably had 3 or 4. It's Php 250.00 for 2 dozens. Not bad!


After lunch, I went with my sister to an ukay-ukay store near our house. I love ukay-ukay. It is kinda gross to rummage through used, old, and dusty clothes. God knows where they've been and who had worn them but it's just so much fun to find cheap and unique clothes. Some of the pieces I find there I haven't seen anywhere and some are even unused.


Can you believe the 3 blouses are Php 90.00 each while the dress with red stripes is Php150.00? They were all in very good condition meaning, there are no stains. cuts, or holes. That's quite a bargain for me.

Just a few tips when buying in ukay-ukay:

1. Check the material if they're still in good condition. No holes and tears or if it doesn't look too "worn".

2. Check the collars and armpits for stains. If they have stains. Don't buy them. The stains won't come off.

3. If you can and are not too sensitive, try them on. Some ukay-ukay shops have fitting rooms. You still don't want to waste money on clothes that doesn't fit even if its just 50 or 100 Pesos.

4. Haggle. Most ukay-ukay shops allow haggling. Don't be shy.

If you haven't tried ukay-ukay shopping, I suggest you try it at least once. You'll never know what unique pieces you'll find at a very cheap price.


So that's how my Sunday was spent. How was yours? I hope you had a meaningful and fun weekend with your fambam!

Thanks for dropping by! :)





4 comments:

  1. I like the first 2 blouses! :) Wow, good buy! I'm not a huge fan of Ukay though, more of export overruns, haha! See you this weekend, Monika for the Nick Jr. playdate! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Surplus Shop for overruns. Dami din magaganda dun. Yup! See you this weekend. :)

      Delete
  2. this is the first time i saw a pic of your lil' miss. she's so pretty! and yeah, i know a good thrift shop in your area...i wonder if we're talking about the same store. hihihi :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tin! This one's in Kamias Edsa beside Jollibee. Pero madami din dito malapit na ukay. :)

      Delete