Summer is now officially over and it's been raining a lot lately. If, like me, you hate going outside in full make up only to get sprayed on (even under an umbrella) with rain, then here's a few tips that might just be helpful for you.
1. Use a primer. In days you just need to put a foundation on, apply a primer first. A good primer will help keep your make up in place in any weather condition. If you still want to make sure your make up isn't going anywhere, use a setting spray.
2. Use waterproof eyeliner and mascara. You don't want to go to work looking like a raccoon. Oh and also skip the smokey eye if you can.
3. Add a little shimmer. The day is already gloomy and sad. It's okay to use a little shimmer on the eyes to add a little brightness. I like using bright colors on dark, rainy days just to combat the gloominess.
4. Stick to powder blushes. Powders absorb oil and moisture better. Cream blushes will just make you feel more icky especially on humid weather. Opt for corals and peaches to bring warmth to your complexion.
5. Use matte lipsticks or lip stains. When the wind blows your hair, strands or worse dirt may stick to your lip gloss and that's not a very good sight and feeling. It can also be quite irritating having to remove hair sticking to lips all the time. I like sporting bright colored and purple lips.
6. Keep hair in place. If you don't have short hair like I do. It's best if you keep you hair in place like in a pony tail, a braid, or in a bun. This will save you from having frizzy hair which can mean a bad hair day. Plus, the wind might be blowing in all directions so this is a good idea to keep you hair from being all over your face.