Friday, June 21, 2013

On Mommy's Vanity: Ever Bilena Studio Finish Stick Foundation in Beige

 Because I was looking for a cheap matte foundation, I decided to try this. Here's what I think about it.



CLAIM

Widely used by professionals, this lightly scented studio finish foundation creates moderate coverage with a natural matte finish. This foundation contains vitamin E that helps moisturize the skin. can also conceal dark circles, redness, and minor skin imperfection. Just swivel up the barrel and voila! the cream foundation will blend easily on the skin without caking or flaking effects.

OVERVIEW

As I mentioned, I was looking for a cheap matte foundation I can use on normal days (running errands, going to the mall, grocery shopping etc.) so I decided to try this product. The SA told me that this gives a matte finish. Well, she had  me at matte. 

I bought this for Php 165.00. For 8 grams of product, I think that's quite a steal. This is available in all leading departments stores and supermarkets. There are 3 shades available: Creme, Miel ,and Beige.


PACKAGING


This is a stick foundation that comes in a plastic silver tube which you swivel up and down to get the product.  It's light weight and very travel-friendly. The shade name is written on the bottom together with the manufacturing date. It is always a plus when cosmetics companies put effort in indicating manufacturing and expiry dates on the packaging so that you'll know when to toss a product out. I also like that they have indicated the ingredients and company details. 


SCENT


Ever Bilena claims that this is lightly scented. I detected a faint synthetic powder-y scent.The scent is tolerable and not as overwhelming as my San San Matte Finish Foundation. 

PIGMENT/SHADE


I got the shade Beige which apparently is their darkest. I tend to get shades that match my neck rather than my face. I do not like putting foundation on my neck and I don't like having a face that's whiter than my neck. I just balance it out with a slightly lighter setting powder. This shade is the closest match to my skin.

note: my hand (for some reason) is lighter than my face

CONSISTENCY & LONGEVITY


This foundation has a medium to full coverage and is easy to blend. Even though a cream foundation, this feels light on the skin. It also conceals minor imperfections or redness. This gives a semi-matte finish so the skin doesn't end up looking flat. 

I experienced a bit of oiliness on the T-zone at the end of the day. I am happy that it didn't cake or flake. I did not pile on too many layers and I blended it out with a foundation brush and set it with a powder for a matte and flawless look. This lasted up to 6 hours on me and that is on a very hot summer day. I just blotted the sweat with a tissue so that I didn't wipe the foundation off.

 wearing this foundation on a hot summer afternoon
5 hours after all the sweat and oil and retouched only once



This is a fairly good product to own. You can even use it everyday without guilt because it's very affordable and available almost everywhere. Just check out you local supermarket or department store for the Ever Bilena counter. I satisfied with the coverage and lasting power of this foundation. I tried Fashion 21's Foundation/Concealer sticks before and it just made me oily. 

Do you own this foundation? What do you think about this?


7 comments:

  1. I have that concealer too. I swear by it! It's affordable and it hides those dark circles under my eyes. I use this and face powder and I'm all set. I have the same shade! Yey for local brand users. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes,it does have a good coverage. Sometimes I don't use a concealer anymore just this and set it with a powder. I love local brands. They're like unsung heroes. :) It's so nice to know local brand lovers!

      Delete
  2. Hi Mommy Monika! Can you recommend a good concealer that's easy to use and lasts long :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi CJ! I suggest try mo yung stick concealers. Kasi madali lang yun gamitin. Try mo yung sa FS Cosmetics na concealer stick. Meron nun sa SM Department Store usually together with Fashion 21 counters. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi ask ko lang if eto po ba usually ginagamit ng mga mua? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Honee! I don't know which make up artist use this in their kit but this is a great product to have. My sister's a MUA and she uses Kryolan foundation because of its great staying power.

      Delete
  5. im using it almost a year,it was a good one!

    ReplyDelete