Tuesday, June 4, 2013

On Mommy's Vanity: Essence XXXL Shine Lipgloss

Here's another super affordable product from Essence. 


OVERVIEW

Essence is probably known for affordable, hip, and quality make up. I got this lip gloss at SM Megamall for only Php 139.00. I am more of a lipstick-type-of-person that's why I can't really give in depth review about this product.


PACKAGING


The XXXL Shine Lip Gloss has a not-so-average sponge or doe-foot applicator. It has slightly longer and flatter applicator which picks up just the right amount of product you need on the lips. One dip is usually enough. I did not notice a shade name on the tube but I believe they have. I just did not see any name written on this particular tube. If I am not mistaken, this one  is called Nude Candy (according to my research).



SCENT


It has a sweet candy/butter cream/ caramel scent. I am not very good at describing scents, all I know is that it's sweet and tolerable (for my liking) - not overpowering or nauseating. I hate make up products that have very strong scents because it makes me dizzy. I am very partial to sweet subtle scents. 

PIGMENT


XXXL Shine Lip Gloss comes in various shades from clear gloss to a gorgeous dark purple. Most if not all have shimmers in them. I got this creamy pale pink shade with micro glitters. The glitters are hardly visible and are not chunky. I am not a fan of chunky glitters because I think it looks a little tacky.  This applies sheer and slightly creamy - great to layer over lipsticks. It is not opaque but can still be used on its own.

CONSISTENCY & LONGEVITY


The formula is not thick or goopy. This actually feels good and light on the lips. It gives of great shine and even if there are glitters they don't feel gritty at all. It is also moisturizing. It did not dry out my lips which is what most lip glosses do to my lips. (That's one of the reasons why I am not a big fan of lip glosses)




Overall, this is a great product to try if you are on a hunt for affordable yet quality lip gloss. I am not a lip gloss person but I am fairly satisfied with this. I am not just crazy about the shimmers. It's a good thing they're not chunky otherwise I would have tossed this or given it away. I still want to try the deeper shades, though. 

I hope you found this helpful. 

Thanks for dropping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment