Friday, June 28, 2013

On Mommy's Vanity: Essence Eyebrow Designer in 04 Blonde


Warning: This is not for the faint of heart (or product).


OVERVIEW

I am very obsessed in drawing my brows as I am obsessed with lipsticks. I am always looking for new eyebrow products be it pencils or powders. So when Essence came to the Philippines, I had to check out their brow kits/products. I loved their foundations and gel liner so I thought I would love their eyebrow pencil as well. I was wrong. To say the least I am very DISAPPOINTED. I just wasted Php 109.00 on this.


PACKAGING

This comes in a traditional pencil, meaning this needs to be sharpened. It also comes with a brush attached to the cap. 



SCENT

There's no scent.

PIGMENT

I got the shade 04 Blonde. This is the lightest shade they have I believe. I wanted a light pencil because I just use it to outline my brows and I don't want it to be harsh. I really couldn't give you a decent swatch since the tip easily BROKE OFF! I tried sharpening it but the tip just breaks. It's a shame because the color looks promising.


CONSISTENCY&LONGEVITY

As for consistency, this is VERY soft. I can't use it to draw anything because it breaks easily even with a light hand. I can't understand why. It's like it melted. Maybe because of the heat here, I don't know! It's pretty useless now because I can't sharpen it. I tried freezing it but it softens again after a few minutes. I am very disappointed. 





 I don't know if I was just unlucky that I got the bad one but I am definitely not going to repurchase this.

Anyone experienced the same? Please let me know.  Thanks! :)


You can also find me on:

FB: facebook.com/momgonevainblog
Instagram and Twitter: @momgonevain

5 comments:

  1. it's good that i read your review before purchasing, as i wanted to try Essence products as it is very affordable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love their foundations. I dont know if all their pencils are like this. Mine was just bad.

      Delete
  2. I think the very best issue for muscles is human meat

    Feel free to surf to my web site: mike chang monster mass

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was searching for essence products reviews when I stumbled upon your blog. I'm a sucker for affordable products and I noticed you have been reviewing affordable products available here. Thanks! I will definitely follow you.

    http://makeupobsession08.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I´m also a brunette and personally use the 02 brown shade, I love it because it´s so easy to use and long lasting, I´ve never had any issues with it breaking or being too soft, maybe yours was a bad batch? I am planning to buy one in the shade you had to see if I can achieve a softer look, I hope all goes well!

    ReplyDelete