Thursday, June 13, 2013

Momstagram


Hello! Hello!

Belated Happy Independence day, everyone! How was your holiday? I hope you got to spend quality time with your family. 

Anyway, I just couldn't help re-posting this super cute picture. 

photo taken from ThePlump Pinay FB page

So many of us may have battled or is still battling body issues. Insecurity and low-self-esteem are the new oppressors. I, for one, have yet to reconcile with my "body demons" but as a mother, my deepest and sincerest wish is for my daughter to grow up with a great sense of self and an enormous love for her uniqueness. For her to be free from the shackles of insecurity and low self-esteem, to see her beauty no matter what shape, weight, or size she has and for her to be bigger that what the world perceives to be "pretty" and to never be (and should never aspire to be) merely pretty is what I pray for every single day.

"The word pretty is unworthy of everything you will be and no child of mine will be contained in 5 letters. You will be pretty intelligent, pretty creative, pretty amazing. But you will never be (and should never aspire to be) merely pretty." -- Katie Makkai

No comments:

Post a Comment