Friday, May 17, 2013

On Mommy's Vanity: Wet n Wild Megalast Lipcolor in 24 carrot Gold and Cherry Picking (new shades)

I cannot stress how much I love these Megalast Lipcolors. I actually want to collect all the shades! Anyway, new shades have already been released in the US a while back and as usual the new ones have just landed on Philippine soil a week ago. 

There are 5 new shades to choose from: 24 Carrot Gold, Purty Persimmon, Pinkerbell, Dollhouse Pink, and Cherry Picking. I did  not see Don't Blink Pink so I'm not sure if it is also available here.





I got the shades 24 Carrot Cold and Cherry Picking. 


The packaging and the price ( Php 299.00)  is the same so I'm not going into details with that anymore. 24 Carrot Gold is a bright matte almost-neon coral/orange. It is very bold and pigmented. It is by itself a statement so use it with caution because it will stand out especially on deeper skin tones. It is still wearable though just keep the rest of your make up light and simple. You can also sheer this out if want to. The only disappointment I had with this particular shade is that it seems to highlight the dry flaky skin on my lips so be sure to exfoliate your lips and apply lip balm underneath. Other than that, I am happy with this.


Cherry Picking can be described as a bright berry pink. This is a great alternative for the reds if you don't want something too bold. I love this because it's not pink and it's not red. It also leaves a slight tint on the lips when it fades. I have no problem with this when it comes to pigment and consistency. There's no tugging and it does not highlight the dry skin on my lips. 




I LOVE THESE LIPSTICKS! (need I say more) I wish they come up with more colors. I still got my eye on Stoplight Red, Purty Persimmon ,and Dollhouse Pink :)


Have you tried the new shades? What's your favorite Megalast Lipcolor?




No comments:

Post a Comment